What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » GCSEs

Pages: (16): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
GCSEs
Author: Message:
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
RE: GCSEs
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Monster.rat what pieces did you choose to compose?

I did music with edexcel and i think it is slightly different to yours.

In our class, we wrote loads of compositions throughout the year, then improved the ones we wanted to submit. My best two compositions were a ground bass piece and a musicals piece which was fine as they were from different sections, but I had to perform one of the compositions. My ground bass piece for like 10 instruments and they only composition i could perform was a rubbish ternary piece, so i did musicals and ternary.

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I only do double award

3 papers each covering a topic. Chemistry and Physics left to do...

Thats what i do too. You with OCR?
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-06-2005 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I only do double award

3 papers each covering a topic. Chemistry and Physics left to do...

Thats what i do too. You with OCR?

Nah, AQA

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 09:56 PM by jren207.
06-06-2005 09:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
hmmm, question for people doing higher OCR maths

calc or non calc today?
06-07-2005 08:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
are gcses like half yearlys or yearlys over here in australian or are they like the hsc
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
06-07-2005 08:40 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: GCSEs
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
And finally, who finds they use the time after they've finished thinking about anything and everything? It's fun. I thought about my feet.

I started thinking about things I could add to my website :p

Maths today, and I know that i'm going to fail. I was in the 2nd top set, and for the end of fourth year exams, the highest mark in my set was lower than the lowest mark in the set above us :S
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-07-2005 09:16 AM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
are gcses like half yearlys or yearlys over here in australian or are they like the hsc

Not really sure as i don't know the autralian system. GCSEs are a two year course which we start in the school year when we are 14/15. We then take our exams the next year when we turn 16.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
the highest mark in my set was lower than the lowest mark in the set above us

Wouldn't that make sense?

I had english language today and i think it went quite well. There was a passage by bill bryson called "why no one walks" and it was about how Americans all use cars when they could just walk. It was quite amusing. French tomorrow, better get a good nights sleep.

This post was edited on 06-08-2005 at 10:37 PM by Zephyr.
06-08-2005 10:37 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I really hate exams, I think it's stupid, you're put under loads of stress revising, you have to sit in a claustraphobic room for 2 hours in silence, you just want to scream, you don't know the answers, you just want to walk out...

It's too stressful, I bet you any money, that if it exams were done in different situations, people would get better marks...

I hate just sitting there at the end, I counted bricks and stuff, oh and of course, sharpened all of my pencils... Inc. crayons.
06-08-2005 10:39 PM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
Last year in my finals of university, one of the exams went sooo wrong for me... i should have done quite well in it but i completely blanked out. one of the questions was identical to a question in a past paper (two years back i think). I had done that past paper in the morning perfectly fine. However, i completely blanked out and couldn't think of how to do it. In fact, i couldn't remember how to do any of the questions... i couldn't even really attempt to answer them. So what i ended up doing during the exam was write apology notes to the markers in the answer booklet and also did some doodles. Actually they ended up as more than just doodles since i had enough time to come up with some pretty cool artwork. in the end i got 0 for that exam. ah well, i'll stop rambling now.
06-08-2005 10:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It's too stressful, I bet you any money, that if it exams were done in different situations, people would get better marks...

I'm not too sure about that. What sort of situations do you mean. I personally don't mind exams. I used to really hate them and got really nervous, but i think that as you do more and more, you begin to not think that bad of them.

I do agree with hating sitting at the end, though. We had a Maths paper yesterday which was 2 hours long. I finished after 45 minutes, checked it through a few times and i still had an hour left. I was watching the second hand tick on the big clock. Luckily they let people you wanted to leave early leave after 1 1/2 hours. I just can't wait till mine are over now. 22 June is the date.
06-08-2005 10:46 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I can't wait until the exams are over either, I have the bus to myself, and I have my mates of course, we are the ruling authority of the school, in a way.

And of course Saral can start doing the damn php :refuck:... not that we're using him, he's just a great friend, so we're going to wait for him to finish before we start the coding, we have a good team:
  • Dempsey
  • Millenium Edition
  • Johny
  • Saralk
  • Me
  • -dt-
  • Titty

I don't know why I posted that, but, you know ;).

This post was edited on 06-08-2005 at 10:54 PM by user27089.
06-08-2005 10:54 PM
Pages: (16): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: