What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » LATEST Msn 7, PLUS! 3 - Message WINDOW UNREADABLE

LATEST Msn 7, PLUS! 3 - Message WINDOW UNREADABLE
Author: Message:
jodietoniallen

O.P. LATEST Msn 7, PLUS! 3 - Message WINDOW UNREADABLE
I downloads Messenger Plus 3 and some plug ins. It worked for a while and then WENT WRONG!

The message window when talking with a contact : The contact could read my text but I couldnt see what they were writing except for their screen name and "...  ...  . .. ..   ...". I uninstalled the extension plug ins and  rebooted just msn messenger and Messenger Plus! 3 and it remained the same. It was this case with all contacts.
PLEASE HELP...I was getting used to all the fun things I could do!

MSN MESS. 7 latest, Plus ! 3 latest
Plug ins added and removed: Audiator (removed realised it was for 3.25 and below)
Now playing, rdm speech, colornik 2 (might be a problem- was not compliant with uninstall - both uninstall processes 1)with plus!3 automatic 2) manual. Finally got read of it and all its folders. Anonyimail, Apploader. The Handwriting tool was downloaded but realised wouldnt work with millenium so uninstalled it. The Hopper was downloaded up couldnt locate a good '.dll' for it to operate.

[b]ANY AND ALL ADVICE VERY WELCOME[/b]
05-25-2005 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: LATEST Msn 7, PLUS! 3 - Message WINDOW UNREADABLE
To make sure everything is back to default, do a clean install of both MSNM and plus!:

- Uninstall MSNM and Plus! including preferences and plugins (plus! uninstaller will ask you that when uninstalling)
- Reboot
- Remove all folders in program files folder pointing towards MSN messenger and Plus, also delete C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
- Reinstall MSNM and Plus! (download them both fresh preferably)

With this method you will loose everything ever set in/with MSNM (including custom emotes, backgrounds etc.), Plus! and plugins.

If you wish you can make backups of:
- Plus! Preferences: plus > preferences ... save/load at the bottom
- Plus! custom sounds: open soundlibrary > add > export to soundpack
- CE/DP/Backgrounds: CE/DP Backup Wizard. Doesn't say it works with MSNM 7, but it does. You can place those emotes etc. back one by one (manually) or with a CE/DP manager, wich you can find on http://www.mess.be/

If you do decide to make backups of these, please check if everything is still working fine after each single thing you put back.

This post was edited on 05-25-2005 at 10:46 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-25-2005 10:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
It just sounds like the text size was lowered to me, in a conversation window, press "Tools" then go to "Text Size" then pick Medium, or something higher than it is now.
05-26-2005 04:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
try uninstalling MSN7 an MsgPlus 3 an going to START > RUN > type in REGEDIT an press ENTER or hit the OK Button an go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/MSNMessenger <- an delete that MSNMESSEnger Key an then go back to the 4 HKEYS an then go to the one underneath an do the same as i mentioned, once thats done, reownload msn messenger an msgplus
05-26-2005 04:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I recommend NOT mucking around in the Registry, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-26-2005 08:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: