What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » API documentation

API documentation
Author: Message:
poedgirl

38 / Female / –
O.P. API documentation
I took a look at the API documentation and was wondering, where's the rest of it? Where's all the constants? That documentation is missing alot, and I haven't found anywhere to get a more detailed explanation of the Messenger Plus API. At the moment I'm using the standard MessengerAPI, but that does not work with MSN7, which is what i need it to work with.
05-26-2005 09:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: API documentation
do you mean the Plus! API or Messenger API?

http://www.msgplus.net/help_plugins.php has the Plus! documentation which also includes the Messenger documentation and includes, but on Windows XP machnes, the API points at windows messenger not msn messenger so you can have problems getting it to work
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
05-26-2005 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
So long as you use the IMessenger3 interface passed into Initialize(), you shouldn't have any problems. They only appear when you use CoCreateInstance(), as that can attempt to run Windows Messenger.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-26-2005 01:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Well... First of all: Welcome to the forums.. :D...

Second:
The Messenger Plus! Api is nothing more than what you see in the Documentation and the Sources belonging to it.. There is nothing more nothing less... :(
The Messenger Api does still work with MSN 7, BUT, because the Api is from the "old days" using Windows Messenger and When MSN Messenger was version 5.0 the Api was fully useable... But today Micorsoft limits more and more of the Api each version they release... So many functions/calls in the Messenger Api does not work with MSN 7.0 but the basics of the Api does still work.. Eg: Getting Contacs, Groups, Block, Open Conversation etc. And also most if not all of the Trigered events will work like: OnSignIn, OnContactStatusChange etc....
But the basic note is that the Messenger Api DOES work with MSN 7, it's just relativly limited, and many of the features in the Api does NOT work... :D..
Hope this was explanation enough? If not just ask? :D

Third: No offence, but just checked your homepage.. :D.. Nice work... And it's really AMAZING to see a girl coding.. Not that i'm saying girls can't, but it is VERY rare you see girls code, and in particular made something big out of it, you got it all.. :D....
Nice to see!.. And welcome onboard, hope you enjoy your stay.. :D..

Edit:
BTW, What language you code in?...

This post was edited on 05-26-2005 at 03:32 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
05-26-2005 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
The Messenger Api does still work with MSN 7
Specifically the 'Messenger API Type Library'.
Also, be warned: they changed one of the functions in MSNM7 (SendFile() I think), so while code calling that will compile, it won't run properly.
If you want a header file capable of calling either of the two SendFile()s, I'll be glad to provide one ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-26-2005 05:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: