What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A couple of suggestions for the next version

A couple of suggestions for the next version
Author: Message:
Jimma

O.P. A couple of suggestions for the next version
Basically I think the new version has too much useless shit. Ads, buttons a lot of people don't use, etcetera. Included are a couple of screenshots of changes I think would help. As well as those changes, it might be convenient to be able to change the colour of a contact's name by group rather than individually. Also it'd be awesome to display contacts by online status and by group.

Anyway here are my screenshots:
[Image: suggestionone2wj.jpg]
[Image: suggestiontwo3ou.jpg]

I don't know how feasible these changes are but they'd make me a very happy man. They may even be already thought of by the coders.
05-27-2005 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Caboose

35 / Male / –
RE: A couple of suggestions for the next version
You can already remove most (if not all) of that stuff with A-Patch, but please keep in mind that it's illegal to patch MSN Messenger. Not sure about this being included in Messenger Plus! though. I highly doubt it :undecided:

This post was edited on 05-27-2005 at 07:33 AM by Caboose.
05-27-2005 07:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Everything in the screenshots can be changed (except for the conversation window plus icon) by patching MSN  Messenger with A-Patch or Mess Patch

The sounds and plus icon on the right of the text area in the conversation window can be disabled in the preferences. (Instant Messages > General Options > Enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus Features)

quote:
Also it'd be awesome to display contacts by online status and by group.

You can do this by sorting by groups, going to Contacts > Sort Contacts by > Group offline contacts together. This sends offline contacts to a different group and then brings them into their assigned group when they come online.

This post was edited on 05-27-2005 at 07:37 AM by ddunk.
05-27-2005 07:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimma

O.P. RE: A couple of suggestions for the next version
Ddunk that is an awesome post. Sometimes on a forum you'll wait months for a crap reply or even go without one, but that was fucking shweet.
05-27-2005 08:48 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
If you don't like the idea of patching, StuffPlug-NG is capable of removing the contact list adbanner and (in build 777) the text ad in convo windows. The next version will also work for build 813.
OK, it won't remove all the buttons, but you never know what new features could be added, or new plugins released.

As for the Plus icon in the convo window: that's there for quick and easy access, and I think is actually a good UI improvement.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-27-2005 09:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
spasm

35 / Male / –
Grin  RE: A couple of suggestions for the next version
The Custom Emoticon thingy was a great idea but now it seems there are TONNES of different random sounds we can download and it takes a few tries to get an emotion sound in english. Wouldn't it be great if we could have some sort of filter so we only got sounds in our own language?*-)
05-27-2005 12:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: