What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] Messenger Plus! SoundPacks - how to install

[split] Messenger Plus! SoundPacks - how to install
Author: Message:
Kally

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
Hi I downloaded it but when I go to Messenger Plus I can't find them anywhere - where do they go once you download them??

Thanks.
05-27-2005 07:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
Go to http://www.plussounds.net then go to guides then video guides then adding soundpacks :P
05-27-2005 08:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kally
Hi I downloaded it but when I go to Messenger Plus I can't find them anywhere - where do they go once you download them??
They are put where you saved them....

When you download something you will always have the choice to save it somewhere. Pay attention to where ;)

If meant "what do I do with them once I have downloaded them?":
- First you need Messenger Plus! to be installed on your system.
- After that you simply open the soundpacks up by double clicking on them. The associated program with .PLP files (that's the extension of a soundpack) will be opened up, which is Messenger Plus! in this case and you will be able to extract the sounds, which will be installed automatically then...

This post was edited on 05-27-2005 at 10:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2005 10:47 PM
Kally

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! SoundPacks
I hae downloaded them and I know where they were downloaded to.  I opened the folder and selected the sounds I wanted and that was it.  When I'm into Plus though I have no idea where they can be accessed from.  There is no tab that says soundpacks - I thought that they worked in the same way as the other sound commands that are in Plus that I can send to my contacts but I can't seem to find them in that section.

If I open the sound library they are there but how do I get them to the sound section so I can send them to my contacts??

I hope I'm explaining this right but it's hard to explain.  Thanks for your help.
05-27-2005 11:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Click on the plus logo on the contact list then my sounds libary :P View my guide will show you all the ways to add them and to send them :)
05-28-2005 09:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
@Kally

There are two different places to view your sounds:
One is your local sound library (Contact List > Plus! > Sound Library). All your installed sounds will be listed there.

Another place is the panel which you can bring up in a conversation window. But this panel will only show the sounds which you have listed as "visible" in your local sound library. You can still also use the invisible sounds though, although they wont be listed in this panel.

If you notice, in the local sound library there is a column (the 3rd one) which shows if a sound is visible ("show") or not ("hide") in the sound panel in a conversation window. Make sure your new sounds are listed as visible ("Show")...

A related option to this is:
To automatically show every new sound you recieve from a contact in the custom sound panel in a conversation you need to enable the option: Contact List > Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Sounds > Show newly recieved sounds in the sound panel by default
Note that imported sounds from a soundpack are always visible by default.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-28-2005 10:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: