What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » List of when your contacts login/out using a server of some sort.

List of when your contacts login/out using a server of some sort.
Author: Message:
Shiwen

O.P. List of when your contacts login/out using a server of some sort.
I had this wacky idea where when someone logs into they're msn account, it automatically sends a message to a server  and logs it, when they log out or change they're status. I know there's already the event log, but thats for only the time when you're logged into msn. The server would have a list off the msn people who have it installed of all they're stats. And you could access the list if you have them in your contact list. It would allow you to see when they were usually on...or when they'y weren't. Just something which would be interesting if it could work.
05-29-2005 12:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: List of when your contacts login/out using a server of some sort.
Please check out: Messenger Uptime Project.... It's basically what you want.. it's still just in VERY early BETA stage, and is only used for testing... At the moment it only logs your how long you have been online, and it doesn't save for each session... At the moment you are still not able to see your stats online, but this will come later.. You can in the program see the other users's uptime... Hopefully this program will sometime in the future be able to log the different stats etc... But it's still in beta and might still be buggy... But keep an eye on this project, and one day it might finally turn into what you requested.. :D...
05-29-2005 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shiwen
I had this wacky idea where when someone logs into they're msn account, it automatically sends a message to a server  and logs it, when they log out or change they're status. I know there's already the event log, but thats for only the time when you're logged into msn. The server would have a list off the msn people who have it installed of all they're stats. And you could access the list if you have them in your contact list. It would allow you to see when they were usually on...or when they'y weren't. Just something which would be interesting if it could work.
This is not possible unless all your contacts have a system installed* which logs their actions.

* with a system installed, I mean something like (CyBeRDuDe) is talking about or a kind of bot which they must add to their contactlist...

----

@(CyBeRDuDe): I don't think it is that what he means. He wants to be able to track the actions of all his contacts as if he was logged in. The Messenger Uptime Project tracks only your own account and that of the other Messenger Uptime Project users, not of your contacts per se...

Although everybody probably wants to know the actions by their contacts when you're not logged in to Messenger, it is impossible to know without your contacts adding a bot or using a system like Messenger Uptime Project. And I for one, don't wanna add a bot or install such a project so my contacts could know what I do when I'm online. If they want to know that, then they just have to be logged in, simple as that. I'm not going to install or add something to my computer so they could know what I'm doing. And I think many people feel that way too...

This post was edited on 05-29-2005 at 02:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-29-2005 02:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
For a thing like that to work, you need to be logged in 24/7 on MSNM at that server. Wich will also make MSNM on your computer useless, as you can't be logged in twice with the same account. So instead you need to logon to that server to use MSNM again, imagine lots of ppl doing that...really who is willing to set up a server wich uses that much bandwith?

Also you can't store your logs that way anymore (remember you are working with a webmessenger, or a polygamy patched MSNM on someones computer). I for one wouldn't use it as you don't know whats logged on that server (invasion of privacy).

Ohh you want Plus! onthere too i can imagine you thinking, this would mean that even more needs to be stored on that server. It will require a real massive registry too (with just MSNM for multiple users it's massive already), wich will need to be accessible through that server, in other words everybody can mess with it.

Seriously, i don't think anyone would want to set up a thing like that.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-29-2005 02:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: