What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » SMS.ac - What they dont want you to know

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
SMS.ac - What they dont want you to know
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  SMS.ac - What they dont want you to know
Thanks lizard.boy for the tip on this story; The following information has been collected from a number of sources and I myself have contacted the company requesting additional information/comments.  You know i'm not afraid to go there.

Internet Media Company SMS.ac says it offers free SMS messaging...however, upon investigation from several other websites, we have learned that nothing on SMS.ac is free.  You see, SMS.ac is currently defrauding customers and operating in a criminalistic way.  Michael Pousti is the owner of SMS.ac

You see, when you send an SMS via SMS.ac, the receipient must pay $0.55.  Also, SMS.ac will send you 3 advertisements every 3 days, costing you $1.00 an Advertisement.  Thats $3.00 every 3 days.

Think SMS.ac is a clean company still?  Think again.  Court Documents dating back to June 29th, 1990 have been discovered that accuse SMS.ac's founder of commiting fraud.  National Scholastic Resources is the company that Michael Pousti was operating to defraud users at the time.

Michael Pousti also uses the name Michael Reller to commit his fraud.  He works with a partner, Ramin Niakiani, or at least he did on his previous account.

We have learned that SMS.ac has the habit of making false database changes in order to bill users multiple times.  Under rare circumstances (i.e. a good enough threat from a customer) a customer is refunded.

SMS.ac is currently being operated by Michael Pousti, Brandie Williams and Greg Wilfahrt.  SMS.ac has been known to use frivilous lawsuits against sites like our own and others claiming that they reveal trade secrets.

The management of SMS.ac is:
Michael Pousti
E.G. Brower
Greg Wilfahrt
Amanda Schaffer
Brandie Williams
Chris McKibbin
Brianne Pedersen
Ken Smith
Todd Sabo
Dennis Shresta
David Vandertie
Tim Carter
Dave Hanson

"Amy", an alias we used to protect her identity, states:
"I used to work at sms.ac Chris, and all the crap sms pulls is true and you know it. You run the "seeding" department and you know that each person in your department is required to send 1000 fake messages a day because the amount of messages that actual members send is next to nothing. Anyone who wants to get out of the scam send STOP to 188 1051.

And Chris I will be more than happy to publish my full name and email address if you give me your word that sms.ac will not file suit against me. But you won't do that will you? Because you will sue us, we all signed non disclosure agreements and now we are divulging company secrets. So you force us all to speak out anonymously." on one of our sources websites responding to a comment posted by "Chris".

An SMS.ac Employee responded to some complaints by saying "There has been some mention about "seeding" and how sms.ac is using employees using ghost accounts to spam club messages to premiere accounts. This was indeed done FOUR YEARS ago when the clubs first were offered as to increase interest and site activity. It has not been done since then".

There is MUCH more on this topic, i'll continue updating you as I learn more...I'd like to point out that i'm not afraid, SMS.ac can ask you to remove this post from the forums but they cannot stop me from speaking out against there dirty actions.  Come and get me, SMS.ac!

Sources: Messenger Plus! Zone, RipOff Report, United States Postal Service, Bad Business Bureau, UnleadedOnline

This post was edited on 02-18-2006 at 12:30 AM by Dane.
06-01-2005 02:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
RE: SMS.ac - What they dont want you to know
dammit!....i get jokes from there(A)...and yeah..i do get advertisements every 3 days :@:@ there jokes suck to!!!
06-01-2005 02:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: SMS.ac - What they dont want you to know
I'd like to note that if you feel you want to publish this on your website too, Go ahead.  Hide your identity if you dont want to receive there legal threats though...To be honest, the letter they send is completely empty, dont even worry about it.  They cannot do crap to you because there is so much counter-tracktion and you are not revealing there trade secrets ;).
06-01-2005 02:49 AM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
personal rule of thumb.
if a contact send you an invitation:
remember it.
delete it

if a close friend send you the same invitation. it may be legit.

if 8 of your contats send you the invitation 3 times, its bogus.
06-01-2005 03:00 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
My bro uses it regularly :S
I was gonna start to use it :P Ya and he and invitations and all .... i dont think he gets ads :S Ill need to investigate :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-01-2005 07:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
The danish police closed down the danish part of sms.ac after a danish tv-station reported it :D
06-01-2005 07:35 AM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
all my friends send these emails but i just ignore them cause they are complete crap. i always get differant ones, bebo is spreading around as well in the same kinda way
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-01-2005 08:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I never use these stupid companies, I just send texts using o2.co.uk, my dad's phone or my phone :-/.
06-01-2005 08:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-Bogan-

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I never use these stupid companies, I just send texts using o2.co.uk, my dad's phone or my phone :-/.

yeah I totally agree with you, it doesn't cost that much to txt anyway why bother?
[Image: user-bogan.gif]
06-01-2005 09:52 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I've had an account on SMS.ac for ages, and I've never lost money to them. I don't get adverts from them, and when I send texts using it, the recipient isn't charged.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-01-2005 10:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: