What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom Sounds not sent?

Custom Sounds not sent?
Author: Message:
JTAN

35 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Custom Sounds not sent?
Ok firstly apologies if this thread already exists - I couldn't find it.

The problem is the sounds will not send.  There is no error message and from the senders end they seem to work fine.  But the reciever gets the file, it says downloading as usual, then it says Download "sound name" (try again), ie it could not download correctly.

I tried reinstalling Plus and so did my contact.  I then sent the sound again and same problem (it was from a pack).  They then sent a sound to me (not from a pack) and same problem.  I then sent a sound that I had added before adding the packs and it worked fine.

This problem so far has affected 2 countacts out of 3 that I sent a sound to, and maybe it affected the third but they didn't realise.  It also seems to affect most sounds - only 1 actually worked so far.

Any suggestions? :S

This post was edited on 06-02-2005 at 11:44 PM by JTAN.
06-02-2005 11:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dja72toon

RE: Custom Sounds not sent?
Was there a resolution to this problem?  I am having the same trouble.  We can send sounds if they are included with MsgPlus, or if they are a random sound download through MsgPlus. However if we try to use a custom sound of our own, that Download link comes up but doesn't do anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
06-04-2005 04:30 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Well do you have the lastest version of plus which contains bug fixes? Version 3.54 :P

Is the server down at the time you sent them.
Do you have any plugins that may effect this or your sound card could be (i doubt it)

What is your computer? xp?

What soundpack was it and where did you get it from? I hosted a few that were curropt before i noticed?
06-04-2005 07:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Aeryn

– / Female / –
quote:
The problem is the sounds will not send.  There is no error message and from the senders end they seem to work fine.  But the reciever gets the file, it says downloading as usual, then it says Download "sound name" (try again), ie it could not download correctly.
Yeah, exactly the same here.

I have Messenger 7.0.0813, Plus 3.54, no plugins, Win XP.

It's been happening with some new sounds that I've recently (a few days ago, I think) added from file. Most of them seem to work fine, but some not. I think there also might have been a case or two when one time a sound worked, another time not. Not very sure how well the server's been feeling on the times I've tried to send the sounds, though...

Thought I'd add my word here too, for what it's worth. :D
06-04-2005 10:16 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
There may be troubles uploading new sounds.

Check out these two threads:
Custom sound feature error report thread
Personal sound problem.

This post was edited on 06-04-2005 at 11:44 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-04-2005 11:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.:Dark Mistral:.

42 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by JTAN
[...]
[...]

I've the same problem. I can't receive any customized sound and I get that error ^o)
But I can receive the random sounds...
I haven't found a solution reading the forum yet *-)
06-05-2005 06:25 PM
chupy

Is there a way to reupload the sounds to the server, if the problem seems to be that the sounds are not in the server?

EDIT:

If you export the sounds to packs and send to your friends, they'll be able to play the sounds. It appears that the problem is with the sounds server...

This post was edited on 06-07-2005 at 11:22 AM by chupy.
06-07-2005 08:54 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The sound server could be it check to see if it works now or please tell me or sunshine (sound mod) the sounds that dont work so she can check them out ;)
06-07-2005 05:07 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about those problems, I've been working in the soudn servers for the past week which could explain some of the problems you experienced. However, it doesn't explain everything. I would really appreciate it if you could send a sound pack by email of the soudns you know do not work properly by themselves. Normally, the sound is automatically sent to the server if it's not there already so maybe some sounds got corrupted and are still on the server, sitting there, doing nothing but trouble.

Please send all the information you can, including the sound pack of your sounds, at mplus@patchou.com and I'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-07-2005 05:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: