What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » "open convo notifiers" as block checkers..

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
"open convo notifiers" as block checkers..
Author: Message:
-DarkAngel-

RE: "open convo notifiers" as block checkers..
how do you get that plugin that one that tells you when someone opened a convo with you..and the one that tells u when someone blocked you...?..lol
06-12-2005 02:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: "open convo notifiers" as block checkers..
quote:
Originally posted by -DarkAngel-
how do you get that plugin that one that tells you when someone opened a convo with you..and the one that tells u when someone blocked you...?..lol

go to my first post (there are links there)

and read this whole thread, since there are limitations when it comes to block checking.

also refer to cookie's post to find why openconvo notifier's are not as reliable with msn 7.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38...d=379129#pid379129
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

06-12-2005 03:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jin11

36 / Male / –
There is no plugin to tell you if you have been blocked now. It's gone, it used to be in MD. You can use block checker websites, but as it has been said they are not accurate. It has worked for me sometimes, but not always.

Try the one on:  blockchecker.msnfanatic.com

As for the open window plugin, you can download Messenger Discovery 3 or the plug-in for Msg Plus, but be warned it is not efficient with MSN 7 due to changes in the protocol. The user must be smart enough to distinguish a true "open" notifier from a random DP request which MSN automatically does.

Search for the plug-in on this board, the thread with it should be here.

EDIT - just check the link posted above.

This post was edited on 06-12-2005 at 03:09 AM by jin11.
06-12-2005 03:06 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: "open convo notifiers" as block checkers..
quote:
Originally posted by jin11
But that still is one of the worst ways of a block checker really, if someone blocks you, I'd really doubt they'd wanna open a conversation window immediately.

And when you appear offline, your client doesn't request for DP's so   that's out of the question.
yes, but it seems that it is the only way you "can" check if somebody blocked you. (unless you actually go and look at their list at their home or something 8-)). you can't really call it the worst way, since the bug in msn's protocol has been fixed there is no other way to check blocking.

also, it is true when you sign in offline OR change your status to offline the client does not request the dp.

so if you want to check if somebody blocked you, you both have to be online at the time and it is best that you have a display picture. also, the person has to open your window. (there is a possibility of getting a notification when the client requests your dp, this has been already discussed in this thread though). i know it is a very limited way of detection, but there is no other way.

quote:
Originally posted by jin11
There is no plugin to tell you if you have been blocked now. It's gone, it used to be in MD. You can use block checker websites, but as it has been said they are not accurate. It has worked for me sometimes, but not always.
this option is still in md :wink:
check their feature's page

also, the reason why the sites which determine whether or not you have been blocked sometimes work, is because the contact who has blocked you has the "Only people on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages" option left unchecked.

This post was edited on 06-12-2005 at 03:44 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

06-12-2005 03:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jin11

36 / Male / –
Another funny little thing that I was trying out. If a user is online on your list and you open a conversation with them and download their DP and can clearly see it.

Then they go offline, and you keep the window open and if you notice that their DP changes, it means you've been blocked. This has worked for me and has happened. I don't think this can work if the user is Appearing Offline, but then again I wasn't sure at that time if they were Appearing Offline or Blocking me.

But that was a weird enough situation, and it's a cool way to notice.
06-13-2005 08:49 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: