What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Boss Protection Mode addon idea

Boss Protection Mode addon idea
Author: Message:
DaBean

O.P. Boss Protection Mode addon idea
Just an idea I had as an ammendment to the mouseover on the "boss protection" ison in the system tray. Currently mousing over it displays: "MSN Messenger - Signed In (Status)"
I believe a good addon to the mouseover script for that, if possible, is a display of how many messages were recieved since the mode was activated, making the mouseover something like: "MSN Messenger - Signed In (Status) - X Messages recieved"
  Thanks
06-04-2005 05:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Boss Protection Mode addon idea
quote:
Originally posted by DaBean
Just an idea I had as an ammendment to the mouseover on the "boss protection" ison in the system tray. Currently mousing over it displays: "MSN Messenger - Signed In (Status)"
I believe a good addon to the mouseover script for that, if possible, is a display of how many messages were recieved since the mode was activated, making the mouseover something like: "MSN Messenger - Signed In (Status) - X Messages recieved"
  Thanks
Ya that could be a good idea :)
It would be useful if ur chatting and u have to lock msg then u could use this feature ... nice idea :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-04-2005 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
or even have an option to remove the mouse over or change to comthing else that you type to match the icon you use. as i have acidently put my mouse over when my dad wanted me off messenger and he saw the saying msn
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-04-2005 05:47 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
for the default icon it would be something like "Network connection 1 " :P

yeh i like the idea of changing the text, maybe not to "x messages" but still good idea
06-04-2005 06:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
for the default icon it would be something like "Network connection 1 " :P

lol ye

absolutly with the idea (Y)
06-04-2005 06:45 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Ya customising the text would be best .... like lee said ... "Network connection established" or an appropriate msg for the icon selected would be the best ... and the x msg option should be a chosable option :P
Or like if u have msg then it should show x msg and if no msg then the remaining text :)
It should be a customisable tag (like during winamp ripping ... the track name tag is customisable ;))
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-04-2005 06:48 PM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ya customising the text would be best .... like lee said ... "Network connection established" or an appropriate msg for the icon selected would be the best ... and the x msg option should be a chosable option :P
Or like if u have msg then it should show x msg and if no msg then the remaining text :)
It should be a customisable tag (like during winamp ripping ... the track name tag is customisable ;))

i said that.

but yeh would this be looked into for the next update? sounds usefull
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-04-2005 06:58 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Hold on a few mins... I'll do this for you guys.. :D.. I don't know if I'm able to release it today, time is getting very late... but at least tomorrow.. :D..

Edit:
Not... Sorry guys... Just noticed that the messenger plus! boss protection doesn't have a / command.. so... my idea was to make a plugin that you could make a quitext and do like:

/xtraytext hehe some text
#/bossprotection

or something similar.. but you cannot activate bossprotection by command... so... But I can still give you a plugin that change the text of the Tooltip text of the systray icon.. BUT this text changes back to normal anytime Messenger changes or similiar... This also include if you typed the command /xtraytext hehe some text, and there after you press the shortcut to activate boss protection (by default ctrl + space?), but when boss protection kicked in and changed status the old text was back again... So this means I would have to change the text AFTER boss protection kicks in... I could do this by a timer on a few secs or something... But the best would be if I could find a method of hooking msgplus! to get information when the boss protection is activated.. :S.. I can't say right now if I can do this/if it is possible.. and can't be bothered to check if it's possible.. :S.. Got other things to do... sorry to let you down guys... but well.. It is possible as a plugin, and should be rather "easy", that means not very much code... But i've got other stuff to do.. ok guys?... :D...´
Maybe someone else wants to do this...?.. Shouldn't be too much work.. Maybe ask 
I am infact considering a new "boss protection" plugin after my next plugin finishes.. Since I think the boss protection in msgplus! lacks features... :S.. This might be something raceprouk wants to add to Phoenix??....

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 10:36 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
06-06-2005 10:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: