What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Web Based Version of Msngr w/ Plus

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Web Based Version of Msngr w/ Plus
Author: Message:
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. Wink  Web Based Version of Msngr w/ Plus
Its been long I did something in here. Muss is not here anymore... right? :D (He said he's busy now a days). How are you guys? WDZ, Jhonny, Chrono....I dont see anyone else :undecided:.. Hey Patchou..How are you?.. Do you still use any one of those 'cyril' ID's? Thks Chrono for not deleting my post :D .. two years are too much for anyone to 'forget' remembering anything :wink:

When I searched, I couldnt find anything like my suggestion. (I miss that 'suggestions' forum :)  )Is there a remote possibility of having a web based msn messenger with a Plus addon? or A complete PLUS web messenger - Our own "Messenger Web+"

06-06-2005 01:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Web Based Version of Msngr w/ Plus
Doubt it could be done because the Web Version doesn't provide an API for Plus! to use and Microsoft doesn't like other clients using their servers so it wouldn't be a good idea for Patchou to create a web messenger himself with his own features.
06-06-2005 01:56 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hi shine. Unforutnately, there's not much I can do about web messenger directly... I would probably be able to add some stuff to it with some work, I already thought about it, however, the fact remains that most people who use Web Messenger are people who can't install MSN Messenger on their computer and if they can't install MSN Messenger, they probably can't install Messenger Plus! either :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-06-2005 02:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi shine. Unforutnately, there's not much I can do about web messenger directly... I would probably be able to add some stuff to it with some work, I already thought about it, however, the fact remains that most people who use Web Messenger are people who can't install MSN Messenger on their computer and if they can't install MSN Messenger, they probably can't install Messenger Plus! either :).

How about creating a Plus! enabled web messenger, although that sounds like a rather large task.
[Image: 7.png]
06-06-2005 03:17 AM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Web Based Version of Msngr w/ Plus
Hi Patchou..nice to get back to you.. Installation!!! That what I was mentioning...

What about a complete new web based messenger with a web based Plus? We have a great team and community here. May be some one has the idea and resources...
06-06-2005 03:31 AM
3DCS

Birds have fingers?

– / Male / –
Actually an HTML Application (.hta) could be written to be able to hook the Web Messenger api thru internet explorer with the Shell.application ActiveX Object..
Unfortunetly though, It would be quite a bit of work to be able to pull the data off web messenger into a structure of who you're talking to and the IE windows for them...
If something like that was written correctly ALOT could be used with web messenger such as automation and what not. It's much easier to hook the interface and manpiluate it thru it's HTML code than thru writing protocol software or tooks to be able to hack the memory to add your own features.

If anybody wants to mess with the idea,
I wrote a small API to control the IE Window List and do some simple mods to it (I didn't spend much time on it)

There are API functions inside the source code of this (look for the commented area in it)

(hmm.. maybe this should be it's own thread)

Later!
~ Three

.zip File Attachment: iework.zip (2.02 KB)
This file has been downloaded 202 time(s).
06-06-2005 04:25 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the link butas I said, this is perfectly feasable, it's just that itwould need a software to be installed on the computer (I won't do another web client, many exists already and none is legal anyway) and if you can install something on your computer, then you probably use MSN Messenger itself :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-06-2005 04:32 AM
3DCS

Birds have fingers?

– / Male / –
Actually HTA is built into windows, I belive it's in windows me and higher (maybe 98) but I understand what you mean about just using MSN Messenger. I was originally going to write a tool in hta with a php backend to msn web messenger for an easy way to access my msn from at school and bypass website blocks & limitations of not being able to use https to login to passport (by running apache on my pc)
06-06-2005 04:44 AM
defyboy

Im currently thinking about adding plus capability to my upcomming web messenger
06-06-2005 04:48 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 3DCS
Actually an HTML Application (.hta) could be written to be able to hook the Web Messenger api thru internet explorer with the Shell.application ActiveX Object
Immediately alienating all those users that don't blindly follow Microsoft. I'm taling about users of Opera, Mozilla (Suite/Firefox), and the multitude of other non-ActiveX browsers out there.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-06-2005 10:21 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: