What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in

Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in
Author: Message:
Rishi

O.P. Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in
Hi everyone.. new user here.

Well.. my problem is as so:

Up until now, I had MSN 4.7.2009 with the MSN Add-in to get hotmail functionality and all that good stuff. But then all of a sudden, my MSN Plus stopped logging chats. I figured I could fix this by installing Service Pack 2, which I should have done a long time ago anyway (or so I thought). So, I install SP2, restart my computer.. and it takes forever. What's worse, when it finally does start, my Windows Messenger upgrades to 4.7.3001, and refuses to sign me on. Plus it was really ugly. Then my MSN 6.2 also decided to "repair" itself or something like that. My Internet Explorer crapped otu on me, and I got frustrated.

So I used System Recovery to go back in time!

Unfortunately.. I still have Windows Messenger 4.7.3001. After a bit of research on these forums, I found out that the reason my MSN Plus wasn't logging was because I had both WM and MSN on at the same time. So the original problem didn't matter. But the thing was, this new Windows Messenger didn't have the MSN Add-in, and I can't check my e-mail. That was a problem. So, after a bit of searching on google, I found a link to 4.7.2009 on some site (Microsoft only offers 5.x and 4.7.3001 now (in addition, you can only get .3001 by isntalling SP2, so forget it)).

But anyways, I installed .2009, and I went to the Windows Messenger site to get the Add-in, and lo and behold, Microsoft no longer offers it, and suggests to download MSN 7.

You can imagine my fury.

After 10 minutes of googling terms, I still haven't been able to find it, but I'm not exceptionally good at googling, so... can anyone help? Or am I screwed?

I've been thinking of using limewire or somethign else, too.

Ah well, I appreciate any comments/help.

Thanks.

- Rishi
06-10-2005 10:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in
what is this addin supposes to do in fact? Need more info to help you
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-10-2005 10:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in
It's supposed to enable access to Hotmail and stuff from within Windows Messenger.

Try this little download I found. Seems to be what you're looking for, although I'm not fully sure about that :)
06-10-2005 10:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rishi

O.P. RE: Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 MSN Add-in
Wow, thanks a lot! :D
06-10-2005 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites