What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Logging "Personal Messages" in MSN 7.0 doesn't work

Logging "Personal Messages" in MSN 7.0 doesn't work
Author: Message:
MessengerPlusRocks

– / Other / –
O.P. Logging "Personal Messages" in MSN 7.0 doesn't work
Hi,

Not sure if this is technically a "bug"....

I recently upgraded both MSN to 7.0 and Messenger Plus to 3.54.132

The first thing is that little circle icon that appeared to the left of each contact name when you hovered the mouse pointer over it long enough, to enable fast access to MessengerPlus menus for each contact, no longer appears. Is this a glitch? I really did love that thing :)

Mainly though, I've always loved how it logs all Name changes for each contact, since all of my contacts change names to give messages to everyone at once, and it's nice to go back in the logfile to see the log of different Name Changes from the time you were away....

But NOW, with MSN 7.0 and the addition of the "Personal Message to your contacts" feature, everyone puts all of their little messages in that, and MessengerPlus doesn't seem to log anything entered into that text box at all, only changes in the name they enter into the first (MSN 7.0/Tools/Options/Personal) "Type your name as you want others to see it" box, but not anything they type into the "Type a personal message for your contacts to see" box, even though both texts are displayed as the contact's "sign in" name on your contact list.

So all of this information is lost....and since the addition of this feature in MSN 7.0, most people use it instead of changing their the first part of their Name.

Should it be logging this, (or maybe I have something set up wrong?) or is this just not supported yet in MessengerPlus?

Patchou, if you could make this happen, I would love you forever :)
Well I already do.... you rock, seriously!

Thanks!

06-20-2005 11:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Logging "Personal Messages" in MSN 7.0 doesn't work
quote:
Originally posted by MessengerPlusRocks
The first thing is that little circle icon that appeared to the left of each contact name when you hovered the mouse pointer over it long enough, to enable fast access to MessengerPlus menus for each contact, no longer appears. Is this a glitch? I really did love that thing
Due to technical issues, the icon is no longer available in MSN Messenger 7 :) That's why there is a Plus! icon on the right of "Mail" "My Space" and "MSN Today" buttons. Of course, it does not function as the button-on-left-of-contact, sorry for this :)

Personal Message logging is not yet available in Plus!.

Stigmata has made a small program to log Personal Messages, yet the program has some must-do's. Take a look at http://www.plasticangels.com/code.php?lan=downloads&page=psmlogger

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 11:35 AM by Mnjul.
06-20-2005 11:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: