What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Unreponsive on sign-in

MSN Unreponsive on sign-in
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. MSN Unreponsive on sign-in
When I sign in to MSN it freezes for about 20 seconds just before it signs in. On clicking anything it says not responding. After the delay it eventually signs in but a get a host of toasts saying that people have signed in etc. even though they were already online before me. See screenshot (poor example as only a few people were online at the time).

It only happens on one computer (brand new in April).

I have a feeling that it has something to do with me installing dozens of winks recently but surely the server should be able to cope?

If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.

If it comes to it I will uninstall of of the links to see if that works.

[Image: new18gg.jpg]
06-09-2005 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: MSN Unreponsive on sign-in
i had this too, just go to tools > options >sounds and alerts and uncheck "display alerts when contacts come online"

(and enable that option with plus!, in plus preferences > notifications > popup defults (the box at the bottom under "custom signin notifications") make sure you enable notifications for your contacts though or you will get none :tongue:

i don't know why, but it is only a problem with msn's signin notification option and does not re-occur with plus' notifications

This post was edited on 06-09-2005 at 08:37 PM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

06-09-2005 08:37 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
i simply think its about ur connection speed or ur computer's speed.. correct me ppl if im wrong.. but this only happens on my lil sis's pc which is pretty old..
06-09-2005 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN Unreponsive on sign-in
It's a brand new computer so the computer speed isn't an issue and I'm on BT Broadband 1mb speed so that isn't an issue either.

It has only occurred in the last coupke of days so I suspect it is related to the number of winks/emotes etc but I don't want to get rid just yet incase someone has any better ideas.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.
06-09-2005 08:50 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe
It's a brand new computer so the computer speed isn't an issue and I'm on BT Broadband 1mb speed so that isn't an issue either.

It has only occurred in the last coupke of days so I suspect it is related to the number of winks/emotes etc but I don't want to get rid just yet incase someone has any better ideas.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

That and the fact that you can no longer use MSN 6.
[Image: 7.png]
06-09-2005 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN Unreponsive on sign-in
What has msn 6 got to do with anything? I have the latest version with the latest Plus! so I don't know what you mean.
OK I've solved the problem. I uninstalled all of the winks (about 200 in all) but this didn't speed up anything. So I then uninstalled all of the custom emoticons and this worked a treat. I guess the main problem was that most of them were animated (about 100 normal and 100 animated) and since removal signing in only takes a couple of seconds. :D(Y)

This post was edited on 06-09-2005 at 10:28 PM by kierant.
06-09-2005 10:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: