What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline

Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline
Author: Message:
IsoNick

O.P. Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline
My problem is as follows: I've noticed that sometimes when I add a new
contact(s), and I've had a few conversations with them, they seem to get
stuck in permanently offline mode, as if I had been blocked.

However, I know that I haven't been blocked because I've spoken with them, and they assure me that I haven't been accidentally blocked. I've also tried adding the contact(s) to another MSN account I have, and it worked perfectly with that account. I've also ran both accounts simultaneously, one on Trillian and the other on MSN messenger, and the affected contact was offline in the problem account and online in the other, at the same time!

I've tried to delete the contact and re-add them with no results. I've also checked that the contact is on my allow list, and has not been accidentally blocked.

So, my question is has anybody else had this problem of contact(s) being permanently stuck in the offline mode without being blocked, and how did they fix it? Thanks for the help.
06-08-2005 01:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline
first of all, are you 100% sure you are on their allow list?

does this happen to you only on your computer?
if so, it might be a problem with your msn. try uninstalling msn and installing it back again from here: http://messenger.msn.com/download

also, (in case this happens only on your computer) it's a long shot since usually the problem is that (the person's contacts who are online doesn't appear on the screen screen on their list) but do you maybe have the handwiritng plugin installed?
if so go to the drive where plus was installed for instance (c:\program files\messenger plus!3\plugins)
delete the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus! Plugins directory.

than go to add/remove programs look for the "ink redistributable" or "InfoPen", if you have either than click it and uninstall it.

if what i said above did not work or does not apply to you :-/
maybe your contact list is corrupted. (i'm not sure hot trillan works at all :$... if it uses listcache.dat)

This post was edited on 06-08-2005 at 02:38 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

06-08-2005 02:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
IsoNick

O.P. RE: RE: Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline
quote:
first of all, are you 100% sure you are on their allow list?
200% sure. No doubt at all. It happends with practical all new users that I add to my contact list.

quote:
does this happen to you only on your computer? if so, it might be a problem with your msn. try uninstalling msn and installing it back again from here:
Well, I've have not tested it from other computers. But I don't think it's my installation, which is the problem. I've just updated my MSN from 6.2 to the latest v7 from Microsofts homepage. Same problem.

quote:
delete the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus! Plugins
I do not have the handwriting tool installed. But I do use Messenger Plus! after all.

The only way at the moment to have the people reappearing online, is to delete them from my list and then add them again. And the other user, have to do the same thing with me. Then it usually works. Really strange.

Really annoying (especially when she's good looking!)
06-08-2005 02:59 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Have you tried the affected account on Trillian?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-08-2005 09:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Yeah, you should try it on anohter computer or with anohter spftware. I suppose Webmessenger would do, too.
[Image: signature.php]
06-08-2005 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
IsoNick

O.P. RE: Contact(s) Permanently Stuck Offline
Maybe I should try with Trillian or the online Messenger. Do you both mean then, that I should add users with the other clients and then just use the main MSN for normal use? Or .. ?
06-10-2005 03:54 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
You try the other client.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-10-2005 07:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode