What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Missing Messenger Tabs

Missing Messenger Tabs
Author: Message:
Underground

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Missing Messenger Tabs
I have some weird problem with MSN Messenger (version 6.20137). The tabs which should be displayed on the left side of Messenger have disappeared without any appearant reasons. I've tried the following:
-Untick and tick (now untick) This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs in Options on Privacy section.
-Restart, uninstall and reinstall MSN Messenger, with and without Messenger Plus!
-Contact Microsoft tech support, but even they seems to have no idea
-Did search (search engine) everywhere with no result

You can see the screenshot which I've attached here. BTW, the problem is not only with tabs, I can't also launch 'Fun & Games' in conversation window. The strangest of all is that it only happen to my account, if I sign-in under friend's account on the same PC, I can see all the tabs and all functions work correctly! Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

.jpg File Attachment: missingtabs.jpg (58.42 KB)
This file has been downloaded 168 time(s).
"The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
10-03-2004 02:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Missing Messenger Tabs
quote:
Originally posted by Underground
I have some weird problem with MSN Messenger (version 6.20137). The tabs which should be displayed on the left side of Messenger have disappeared without any appearant reasons. I've tried the following:
-Untick and tick (now untick) This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs in Options on Privacy section.
-Restart, uninstall and reinstall MSN Messenger, with and without Messenger Plus!
-Contact Microsoft tech support, but even they seems to have no idea
-Did search (search engine) everywhere with no result

You can see the screenshot which I've attached here. BTW, the problem is not only with tabs, I can't also launch 'Fun & Games' in conversation window. The strangest of all is that it only happen to my account, if I sign-in under friend's account on the same PC, I can see all the tabs and all functions work correctly! Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
Possible the server that they are stored is down. That could possibly be it other than that I am not sure, I dont have them shown at all.

Edit: I just showed tabs and they are working, whats your Country location? Have you used an patches to remove or edit Messenger in anyway? And no skinned version of MSN Messenger correct?

This post was edited on 10-03-2004 at 02:53 AM by matty.
10-03-2004 02:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Missing Messenger Tabs
I have the same problem...
It happened many months ago.
But the only difrence is that the whole tab menu dessapeard!
It shows on other accounts but not on mine! :(
By the way i was using "TabServ" and msn 6.1 (im still using 6.1)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
10-03-2004 06:23 AM
Underground

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Missing Messenger Tabs
First, I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but after all these long I still haven't found solution for Tab and other problems I posted above although I have updated to MSN Messenger 7.0.0813 and Plus! 3.54.132. By the way, I found another strange thing with the account I used for MSN Messenger (which is also my Hotmail address/account), I can't change anything in my profile!:S

So here's my story. I wanted to change my country and city address to Marseille, France, because before this I lived in Indonesia. But it seems Hotmail unable to make this happen!:o Not only that, I can't even change my job and profession selection...Something very weird is happening! I've also tried to sign-in using my friend's hotmail account in the same PC which used French account and I can see all the tabs, play games and run activities, unlike my account. This made me curious, did Hotmail create 'handicap' to account outside US and Europe? I've seen so many disadvantages with my account such as only 2 MB email space limit while my friend who used French account got 250 MB space limit and all MSN functions worked...:(
"The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
06-11-2005 10:12 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: