What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Frozen Desktop on Limited User

Frozen Desktop on Limited User
Author: Message:
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
O.P. Frozen Desktop on Limited User
Hi, i've come onto my mum's account because she wants me to do some stuff for her, but when i've tried to apply an active desktop item it won't appear, and then when i tried to change the background, the properties box showed that it had been applied but the background remained the same. All that happens is that the background i've tried to apply, flashes during log-off.

In addition all the icons do not alpha-blend. and these problems seem only to occurr on her account, do you know how i could fix it? thankyou

this is Windows XP sp2 btw.
ok i've read around, and directly related it to the active desktop, as soon as i remove the item it reverts back to the correct wallpaper
and the icons return to their excelent clarity, but i want the active desktop. and if i reapply it, the old background returns again
06-17-2005 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Val

30 / Other / Flag
RE: Frozen Desktop on Limited User
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy
Hi, i've come onto my mum's account because she wants me to do some stuff for her, but when i've tried to apply an active desktop item it won't appear, and then when i tried to change the background, the properties box showed that it had been applied but the background remained the same. All that happens is that the background i've tried to apply, flashes during log-off.

In addition all the icons do not alpha-blend. and these problems seem only to occurr on her account, do you know how i could fix it? thankyou

this is Windows XP sp2 btw.
ok i've read around, and directly related it to the active desktop, as soon as i remove the item it reverts back to the correct wallpaper
and the icons return to their excelent clarity, but i want the active desktop. and if i reapply it, the old background returns again

That sounds like my old windos 2000 computer it did that too i never found out why it basicly just put the new background and when login off it showed the old one. and when i turned off the active desktop it worked perfectly probably mircosofts bugs like they always do
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
08-21-2005 05:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version