What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messages

hegpau

44 / Male / –
O.P. Messages
How come when i have MsgPlus installed (latest version) it seems no one can really get my messages? Its wierd but when i uninstall it everyone can...

Im running Crapy Windows ME :( That might be the problem tho :D
06-16-2005 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Messages
Might be a plugin or Smileycentral.

If you use Smileycentral, uninstall that and all will be fine again.

Another thing that causes this is previous use of the handwriting plugin, with MSNM 7 you don't need it anymore. Solution to that is: exit MSNM, go to the plugins folder (C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins most likely, could be in another left over plugins folder of Plus! aswell, so check those too) and delete handwriting.dll.

This post was edited on 06-16-2005 at 09:47 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-16-2005 09:45 PM
jeson-mendez

34 / – / –
RE: RE: Messages
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Might be a plugin or Smileycentral.

If you use Smileycentral, uninstall that and all will be fine again.

Another thing that causes this is previous use of the handwriting plugin, with MSNM 7 you don't need it anymore. Solution to that is: exit MSNM, go to the plugins folder (C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins most likely, could be in another left over plugins folder of Plus! aswell, so check those too) and delete handwriting.dll.

yes, ur right and Smiley Central is a spyware. Smiley Central is an Internet Explorer plugin that allows you to add numerous smiley faces to your email or instant messages. It is part of the Fun Web Products suite of utilities such as Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, Popular Screensavers, and the My Way website portal.

Although none of these products claim to be spyware, they do slow your computer down. All of the products use cookies to track usage, although they claim not to use cookies or anything else to track personally identifiable information. That being said, I would still recommend uninstalling the SmileyCentral software and other Fun Web Products if you feel your computer runs better without them. They are found by many spyware removal tools such as Spybot Search and Destroy, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, although they are deemed spyware safe by Aluria Software who created a Spyware SAFE Certification.

To Unstall this Smiley Central do this things below :

First, uninstall Smiley Central from Add/Remove Programs

1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel

2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs

3) Find "My Web Search (Smiley Central)" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
My Web Search
My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
Search Assistant - My Way

4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis

5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.

6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder

7) Right-click and delete the folders for:

FunWebProducts

MyWebSearch

8) Smiley Central should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.

9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone. Sometimes, a few of the registry keys for Fun Web Products are not removed from the HKey_Users section of the registry. In these cases, click on Start, Run, Type Regedit and press Enter. In the registry, click on Edit, then Find, and type Fun Web Products in the blank to search for. Delete any entries you find.

Go HERE  for see more spyware like Smiley Central.
06-20-2005 09:10 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: