What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Categorizing Contacts in their status presets

Categorizing Contacts in their status presets
Author: Message:
Sombrefloe

O.P. Categorizing Contacts in their status presets
Is it possible that an option be added to the contactlist so that it will show the contats in categories, like this:

-online(The people who are online and don't have any status presets on them at the time)

-away/busy vs(the people who are online but may not reply because they have status presets)

-offline (the rest of your contacts who are offline)

or something like that (away and busy in different or same categories, whatever way we set it)

I'm suggesting this because it's usually annoying when there are a lot of people online, but half of them are away and busy, so you can't tell how many people are online by looking at the number next to the Online group. (of course you can't tell if someone is really there or not by the labels but they work most of the time) Categorizing them as Really Online and Away/busy would do a lot of good.
06-18-2005 05:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Categorizing Contacts in their status presets
this would be cool but I reall don't know if it's possible...Patchou would be able to do it..maybe Dempsey....what do you think people?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-18-2005 06:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
this would be cool but I reall don't know if it's possible...Patchou would be able to do it..maybe Dempsey....what do you think people?

Me and lee where thinking about this and we think it would be quite easy to do using the messenger api.
Heres what we came up with:
Have the groups named, Online, Away, Busy, Offline etc.
Use OnContactStatusChanged to monitor when a contact changes status.
Move them to the appropreat group for that status (AFAIK, theres a function in the api to do this)

Now if anyone is going to actially do this is a different thing, as me and lee are incredibly lazy.
06-18-2005 06:26 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
Me and lee where thinking about this and we think it would be quite easy to do using the messenger api.
Heres what we came up with:
Have the groups named, Online, Away, Busy, Offline etc.
Use OnContactStatusChanged to monitor when a contact changes status.
Move them to the appropreat group for that status (AFAIK, theres a function in the api to do this)

Now if anyone is going to actially do this is a different thing, as me and lee are incredibly lazy.
and flood the server...
and that'll lag to death if someone block/unblock-bombs you
06-18-2005 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
and flood the server...
and that'll lag to death if someone block/unblock-bombs you

I was about to edit my post with the cons :dodgy:
and i thought of those.

You could have flood protection, like for anyone who changes status lots in a small time, just leave them in a group called "Unsure about there sexuality" for a while until they stop :p

But i doubt msn would be pleased with all the group changing :dodgy:
You could probally do it with a proxy so you trick the client into thinking the groups have changed and block the message out to the server. Although as messenger discovery has proved, proxying messenger 7 is dodgy.
06-18-2005 06:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: