What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Saving and Transferring Emoticons

Saving and Transferring Emoticons
Author: Message:
Kev01

O.P. Saving and Transferring Emoticons
Hi... been playing around with MSN 7 and I have some great Emoticons from various friends. Problem is that I have three computers and I was wondering about saving the emoticons and transferring them.

I tried to copy the "Custom Emoticon" folder which I found contained them, and copying its contents into the custom emoticon folder of the other PC, but no luck. Even when I copied the "map" file, it still didnt work.

It would be really nice if there was an option in Messenger Plus to save and transfer emoticons as files.

ALSO one further question: is there any limit to the amount of Emoticons that can be saved? And can we get rid of the boring MSN standard ones?

THANKS for your help. MSN 7 with Messenger Plus is GREAT!
06-20-2005 11:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Saving and Transferring Emoticons
You can back them up using Emoticon and Display Pic Backup Wizard (says its for msnm 6, but it works on msnm 7 aswell), wich will convert them to their original extensions. You could ofcourse rename them yourself too if you know the extension.

To import em into msnm again you just add em like you normally do with emoticons, one by one or with a CE/DP manager (you can find those on www.mess.be).

And no, you can't get rid of the default emotes.

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 01:46 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-20-2005 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dreaded

RE: Saving and Transferring Emoticons
Stuff from http://www.sherv.net has spyware in it now. There is a older version on mess.be that is spyware free however this program rocks http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup_english.asp matter of fact you can import your winks from one account to another and dont have to download the winks again for the other accounts you have.
06-22-2005 12:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: