What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect time"

Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect time"
Author: Message:
jin11

36 / Male / –
O.P. Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect time"
Hey.. I was just wondering, because I remember a while back when MSG Plus got updated one feature was that there would be no more waiting on the reconnection.. or was I just dreaming about that?

Anyways.. if this hasn't been implemented is it possible to do so? 'Cause I really hate having to wait like 5 mins or more on reconnection.

Thanks for the help.. regards, jin.
06-20-2005 05:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
RE: Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect time"
click cancel then sign in again
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
06-20-2005 05:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jin11

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect tim
Ermm.. okay that wasn't the response I was looking for.. But anyways.. why I said if it would be able to adjust or remove the time manually was because when I am away from the computer, and my internet connection gets disconnected and autoconnects back in like 5 mins, the MSN reconnect time sometimes jumps to a crazy ass time like... I once got to 20 minutes +++ more and I was extremely upset because my MSN could have auto-matically signed instead of those wasted mins.

Anyways.. so does anyone have any information regarding this? Is it possible to remove the time limit or perhaps be able to control the limit?

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 06:27 PM by jin11.
06-20-2005 06:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect tim
quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
click cancel then sign in again
sorry, but that doesn't make much sense....

quote:
Originally posted by jin11
Hey.. I was just wondering, because I remember a while back when MSG Plus got updated one feature was that there would be no more waiting on the reconnection.. or was I just dreaming about that?

Anyways.. if this hasn't been implemented is it possible to do so? 'Cause I really hate having to wait like 5 mins or more on reconnection.

Thanks for the help.. regards, jin.
hmmm... I also remember something like that, but to make sure I've checked the advanced registry settings of Messenger Plus!. The only thing related to this is the newly added (since 3.54.132) delay in auto-signing in when you start up MSN Messenger (Key: DelayedSignin).

So, I'm not sure if there was any talk about setting a delay for re-signing in after a disconnection though (If not, it could be a nice idea). Although after thinking about it, maybe there was some talk about it and Patchou did change/add something regarding that. But if so, it surely isn't customizable like the delay for auto-singing in....

Check the version history and change logs, maybe you can find some talk about it there....
=> EDIT: didn't find a thing myself....

EDIT: the only thing Plus! can do regarding this (remotely) is setting your personalised status back to what it was (see Patchou's reply to STATUS..with a mind of it's own !)

--------

PS: the long delay you've experienced can be caused by the fact that MSN Messenger could not sign you in within 20 minutes, but needed 4 tries (every 5 minutes or so) to do it... So, it could be that instead of "a crazy randomly bug which for no reason decided it will wait 20 minutes to sign you back in"...

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 06:58 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-20-2005 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jin11

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Am I just not looking properly or is it not possible to remove the "reconnect time"
Thanks for the helpful reply Cookie... yeah the thing what happened with me was that, with my internet connection; I often get disconnected but it takes a while till the signal comes back and it automatically reconnects back to the internet, and with the older Messengers, as soon as the internet connection was detected, it'd sign me in. So I'd be online on MSN, right when I got connected to the internet no problem.

But the delay is annoying as I can miss important messages from friends/family and was trying to find a solution to it.

I'll keep searching.. .
06-21-2005 01:24 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: