What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Security Alert: Latest and Greatest Viruses

Security Alert: Latest and Greatest Viruses
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Security Alert: Latest and Greatest Viruses
Well,

After I received a followup today FINALLY about that MsnFunMaker204.exe, if you can remember, it was a malicious program back in February, it claimed to be a trojan that you could control your friends with...Anyway, Symantec FINALLY responded to my Virus Submission and they HAVE added it to there Malicious Programs Database, it is now known as "Backdoor.Trojan", a generic detection.

Emergency Virus Definitions Detect This Threat: Get them here

Which brings me on to my next point.  I have re-investigated the source of MsnFunMaker204.exe and discovered they launched a whole new line of "backdoors" for you to infect your friends with.  They label them as "Joke Programs", I think otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by LATEST-AND-GREATEST VIRUSES

MsnTextSpreader
descryption:
This program will spread all the text that you're saying to people in your list... example: "H i ,  H o w  a r e  y o u  d o i n g ?"

MsnSheepFucker
descryption:
This program will place (bah)({) after each message you'll type... Kind a freaky... But it's very funny...

MsnTextBoring
descryption:
This program will place a |-) smile after each message you'll send... It will probably make people think you're pissed.

MsnCaseSensitive
descryption:
This program will make the text that you're saying to people like: "tHiS iS sTrAnGe !"

I have reported these latest Security Threats to Symantec Security Response and will also be reporting to McAfee.  Just thought i'd give everyone the update.

By the way, McAfee has detected security threats inside these files using their heuristic detections.

It named MsnCaseSensitive, MsnSheepFucker, MsnTextBoring, and MsnTextSpreader as new malware.h.  However, This was detected by McAfee's High Level Web Based Scanner and NOT a consumer product.  Consumer Virus Definitions will be updated ASAP with detection for this threat, and I will be sure to post the DAT for you when they compile it.

Mnjul edit: Dane, since you know the latest is by no means the greatest, perhaps you'd consider not to post the website link? :)

Dane edit: Yeah, I guess you're right, reformatted.

This post was edited on 06-21-2005 at 09:45 PM by Dane.
06-20-2005 02:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Security Alert: .com's Latest and Greatest (NOT)
nice job! keep it up man!

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 03:14 AM by Mnjul.
06-20-2005 02:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Security Alert: Latest and Greatest Viruses
Heh, well, Symantec has returned the LATEST threats as "Non-Security Threat".  I will be contacting them shortly to have them ensure a researcher looked at it.

McAfee, on the otherhand, has issued a definition for it, but they oddly didnt give me the virus name nor a DAT.  They said that it will be seen in a future update (usually 2 weeks).
06-21-2005 09:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: