What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away

Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away
Author: Message:
djdj

– / Male / –
O.P. Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away
There are a lot of times I want to check my email really quick and will only be on the computer for a  few seconds, but because of the way MSN handles the automatic away / online status, people will think I'm actually at the computer when I have already stepped away again. 

Would it be possible to have a delayed 'return from away' feature that, for example, when it appears you have returned to the computer displays a message that says "returning from away to online in 30 seconds" with a cancel button to prevent the status from being set to online?

Does that make sense?
06-22-2005 04:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away
Makes sense but it would totally defeat the auto away/idle function (you can set it to put you on away faster if you like: tools > options > personal...."show me as away when i'm inactive for..."). If you wish to stay on away use the regular away feature instead.

Plus! can not change the way idle works, turn to Microsoft/MSNM if you would like to see that feature implemented.

This post was edited on 06-22-2005 at 04:56 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-22-2005 04:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdj

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away
It would not defeat the existing functionality, because it would still go back to "online" mode after a delay period, say 30 seconds.  If you cancel the countdown, it would stay in 'away' mode until the next time you return from inactivity, when it starts the countdown over again.

It could totally be done in Plus.  Disable the MS automatic away feature, and let Plus manage the online/away status.

Microsoft would never implement this feature.  They avoid the "little stuff" like this like a plague.
06-22-2005 04:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Feature suggestion: Delayed return from away
Yes, Plus! has an auto away feature too. I thought you were talking about the auto away/idle in MSNM itself.

Even though Plus! can set you to "away" or any other status you like after x min of inactivity, i very much doubt it can change the way MSNM handles/recognises activity (interfere the changing to online when you do anything on your comp).

This post was edited on 06-22-2005 at 05:13 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-22-2005 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: