What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » microphone

microphone
Author: Message:
Invisiblerain14

Hail the Lord & Master... FOAMY!!

34 / Female / –
O.P. microphone
Ok, I have a dilemma. I recently downloaded Plus! and I was trying to talk to my friend using my microphone and camera, but it wouldn't let me use audio.
     At first I thought that the camera was messing up the mic, so I tried microphone first then camera. No such go.
     Then I figured it was just a firewall problem so I went into the system and "allowed" Messenger Plus! and Messenger.
     It still didn't work, so I checked it with the "audio tuning wizard" and that said that everything worked. I tried again and still, no go.
     Then, I decided that maybe, just maybe, my firewall was being an utter #*@! so I disabled the stupid thing all together. But guess what? Nothing.
     My friend told me that the firewall could be coming from the computer with the source of internet, so I shut off firewall on that computer, but still nothing.
     So my final shot was to see if my Msn Messenger was just screwed up in itself, so I deleted Plus! and Msn Messenger all together and redownloaded just Msn Messenger 7. I tried all of the steps over again, except for the last of course and I haven't succeeded. I have yet to try my microphone again on Plus! but I doubt it will work this time if it didn't after all of that.
     I'd really love some advice on this because none of the FAQs or Tutorials helped me at all. Thanks.

By the way... I might not remember (I have a horrible memory, :P) to come back on here to check, so if you want... just message me on MSN. It's exactly the same as my screen name on here... Just add (@hotmail.com) There you go....

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Please people... if you have ANY info on this I'd really love it. I absolutely need the help.

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 05:09 AM by Invisiblerain14.
06-19-2005 03:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: microphone
are you trying always with the same person?
maybe the problem is with s/he
06-25-2005 12:28 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: microphone
Is there an error?

If so, what does it say?

Also, since Messenger Plus! is not the cause of the problem, try reporting it to microsoft: http://support.msn.com/contactus_emailsupport.asp...enger&ct=eformfree

By the way, make sure if you report it to MS, not to say that you are using Messenger Plus!, because, they will tell that Plus! is causing the problem...
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
06-25-2005 12:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: