What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » VBios

VBios
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. VBios
I have this intel 82810E chipset and i decided the update the driver. I downloaded the zip which also has Vbios. I wanted to know how to update VBios :S
I am usint windows xp. Files contained are "bmp_core.bsf", "d81x2682.DAT" and "d81x2682.EXE"
I have no idea. It has a readme but it has no instructions :S
quote:
Originally posted by That readme
NOTE:  When updating your video BIOS on a Microsoft Windows 98 machine,  you must erase the "Videorom.bin" file stored in the root directory.  This file contains an image made by Microsoft Windows 98 of the previous version of the video BIOS, and will affect multimonitor operation unless it is erased (this will allow Windows to recreate this file with an image of
the new Video BIOS for correct multimonitor operation).
But what about an Xp Machine :S
Btw the official name is "Intel® 810/815 Chipset Video BIOS 6.7 Production Version"

EDIT: This was the stuff under a folder "aim" There is another folder called "aimless" which has the same content (readme and version updates) but the vbios stuff is smaller in size (Names seem to be the same 8-))

This post was edited on 06-26-2005 at 05:40 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-26-2005 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: VBios
From where (and how) did you downloaded the package? I hope it isn't from any other site then the official Intel site...

If you downloaded it from the official Intel Site (and to be more precise here, item 6) then you clearly have choosen a driver which is XP compatible...

The readme's are standarized (as far as VBIOS goes). Those same readme's can be found in the Windows 98, NT, etc... packages.

In other words, in all the readme's it says "_When_ updating on a Microsoft _Windows 98_ machine", which you are not, so obviously you don't need to bother about that specific paragraph in the readme...

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
This was the stuff under a folder "aim" There is another folder called "aimless" which has the same content (readme and version updates) but the vbios stuff is smaller in size (Names seem to be the same 8-))
Of course it is smaller, it is without AIM (Add-In Module) support, hence AIM-less. ;) see result of a simple search with "aim" keyword on the Intel website... Also read the 810/810E2 FAQ.

Btw are you sure you want to proceed with these special bios updates while you don't have a clue what AIM is? Maybe this VBIOS stuff isn't for you as it also is clearly stated:
quote:
NOTE: This specific driver including VBIOS is intended for use by developers of the Intel® 810 and Intel® 815 Chipset Family based products only.

-------------------

All this information took me less then 10 minutes to look up by using the search of Intel's website (it took longer to write this post then to look the info up). Before I never heared of AIM or knew anything about the chipset. What I mean is, you also could've simply searched for this information yourself though ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-27-2005 09:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: VBios
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
From where (and how) did you downloaded the package? I hope it isn't from any other site then the official Intel site...

Nope Official site. Intel.Com :D

quote:
Of course it is smaller, it is without AIM (Add-In Module) support, hence AIM-less.
:P I was wondering what AIM was :lol: I took the literal meaning and i was like "wtf" :lol:

quote:
What I mean is, you also could've simply searched for this information yourself though
I couldnt understand what vBios is :P
I updated the driver enclosed .... it says that the driver i have is of a newer version :S
How can that be :|
quote:
and to be more precise here, item 6
Yes thats the one :bow:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-27-2005 09:57 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: VBios
quote:
quote:
What I mean is, you also could've simply searched for this information yourself though
I couldnt understand what vBios is :P
that's why you should search for it... I didn't know what it was either, yet I've found the drivers and the info you requested, didn't I :p

quote:
I updated the driver enclosed .... it says that the driver i have is of a newer version :S
How can that be :|
That's very common... Many PC manufacters have their own specific updates for certain chipsets (based upon latest drivers of the original manufactures), these are called OEM versions. If the update says you have a newer version, then iether you didn't downloaded the latest one, or you already have an OEM version which was based upon the latest one.

In other words, in your case, you're up-to-date already...

This post was edited on 06-27-2005 at 10:09 AM by CookieRevised.
06-27-2005 10:07 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah i got that but ..... the thing is .... :$
This is the default driver that is there ever since i installed windows xp on my pc :lol:
quote:
yet I've found the drivers and the info you requested, didn't I
You are cookie :dodgyomar: :P:bow:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-27-2005 10:30 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: VBios
quote:
quote:
Yeah i got that but ..... the thing is .... :$
This is the default driver that is there ever since i installed windows xp on my pc :lol:
Well, then the default driver of Windows is up-to-date and MS deserves a tap on the shoulder I guess ;)
06-27-2005 12:38 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Well, then the default driver of Windows is up-to-date and MS deserves a tap on the shoulder I guess ;)
Err .... windows was released before my chipset so shouldnt the default (not an update through automatic update) be older :S
I think it should .... ill check my windows automatic update history :)
Mabbe it might have updated it. In which case MS sure deserves a pat on the back. If not then the intel site deserves a boot in the back :dodgy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-27-2005 02:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites