What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Mass Messaging

Mass Messaging
Author: Message:
phatz

O.P. Mass Messaging
Hi this is my first Post on this forum. Anyways hope somebody can help me.

I want to know if its possible to send out a mass message to my whole list.. Say if i have 100 people on my list I want to be able to send the same message to everybody individually. I just use the copy and paste command but it gets annoying! and now msn stops you after a certain amount of messages and you have to wait.

I dont want to invite everybody into 1 converstaion. I jsut want to send out the same message to everbody. Anybody know how I can do this?

Thanks
06-27-2005 06:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Mass Messaging
using messenger plus! open a conversation with all of the contacts you want to recieve the message, then go into one of the convo windows and type /all [space] what you want to write   the [space] of course being a space... this will send that message to all the contacts with a conversation window open
06-27-2005 06:24 AM
phatz

O.P. RE: Mass Messaging
Nice that works. but i guess thers no way of doing it with out opening all the windows. I found a program, but msn stops you from mass messaging, its like an autoblock after 5 people or so.
06-27-2005 06:39 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
You could right click on the system tray icon of messenger, click 'send an instant message', then you will see the names of all your online friends. Also you will see the names of the groups that you have made. Just click on a group name and then you can message all the online members in that group. Then just click invite in that account and then click another groups name to add more people :D
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-27-2005 06:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
You could right click on the system tray icon of messenger, click 'send an instant message', then you will see the names of all your online friends. Also you will see the names of the groups that you have made. Just click on a group name and then you can message all the online members in that group. Then just click invite in that account and then click another groups name to add more people :D
you just told him something which he said he didnt want to do, invite them all into one conversation, read the question before answering...

opening the windows and doing /all blah blah is the only way afaik, like lordy said
06-27-2005 07:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
phatz

O.P. RE: Mass Messaging
Even the /ALL does not work. only for a couple people. Then msn automatically stops the flood from happening. Its almost like its timed that if you message a certain amount of people too fast it stops a mass message from happening. Does anybody know if I use an older version of msn if it will work?

06-27-2005 10:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: