What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus visible, but not working

Messenger Plus visible, but not working
Author: Message:
Phil1019

I'm Phil with the Skill

36 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Plus visible, but not working
OK so I have used Messenger Plus! for a long time, and I'd consider myself an advanced user, but this time, I'm stummped.

Heres my problem:

I have MSN Messenger 7 installed, and the latest version of Messenger Plus! installed. I can see the Plus menu in MSN Messenger, and Custom Contact names and contacts on desktop are working fine.

Last month (May) everything is working sweet. Then an update thing came up telling me there is a new version of Messenger Plus! availible. Now whenever I go to auto update it with that box, it has an error and I have to end up going to the website and download it, so I thought I would wait and download the new version some other time. Then all of a sudden this month (June), I noticed that my custom status shortcut keys weren't working properly. I thought this wasn't a big problem so I opened up my MSN main window, and they started working.

Then doing this, my custom status shortcuts still didn't work, so this time I thought maybe thats what the latest version of Messenger Plus! is about, so I downloaded the update. It worked, everything was working again, I saw new e-mail alerts, when my contacts signed in, a sound was played.

It didn't last to long. The day after, I turned on my computer again, and the problem has returned. I can see the Plus menu item, my contacts have their custom names defined, I can access the Preferences menu, and I can open chat logs, however, I can't view contact information, sounds are not played, new e-mail alerts (POP3) are not shown, and my chats are no longer logged. The last chat that was logged was in May!!

I haven't installed anything else for MSN, or anything for that matter on my computer. So I'm not sure what the problem is. When I go to view contact information, Windows plays that default sound, and nothing else happens.

This is weird, because Plus is working, and running, its on MSN, and Custom Names are shown, but I cant use the (!CN) name, or hear any custom sounds etc.

Here is some info if you need it:

Messenger Plus! version: 3.54.132
MSN Version: 7.0.813
Windows: XP Professional with Service Pack 2

Please help!!
[Image: sig1en.gif]
06-26-2005 12:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Messenger Plus visible, but not working
Try a different method of hooking Messenger Plus!:

Go to Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous, check "display recovery window when Plus! menu is not active, then change the "Messenger Attach Method" from "Default" to "Alternate Mode", if "Alternate Mode" doesn't work, then try "Default Forced".
06-26-2005 01:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phil1019

I'm Phil with the Skill

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus visible, but not working
I did that, and it didn't work.

Yesterday I re-installed MSN messenger, just incase there was a problem, and then Messenger Plus was working fine, but today, I have turned on  my computer again, and the problem has returned.

The plus menu is visible, but Messenger Plus is not logging my conversations, or allowing me to use anything, its just there. It wont show new e-mails or anything.

I can see msgplus.exe in the system processes as well.

Edit: I just changed the attach mode to Forced, so far its working, but I'll have to see if it stays like this over the next few days.

This post was edited on 06-28-2005 at 02:16 AM by Phil1019.
[Image: sig1en.gif]
06-28-2005 02:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: