What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [suggetsion]

[suggetsion]
Author: Message:
philb

33 / Male / –
O.P. [suggetsion]
how about a plugin that lets you set personailsd status for each contact. e.g apper online for one contact but apper as busy to a differnt contact

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 08:54 PM by philb.
06-30-2005 08:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [suggetsion]
quote:
Originally posted by philb
how about a plugin that lets you set personailsd status for each contact. e.g apper online for one contact but apper as busy to a differnt contact

impossible end of disscusion. Wont be done people msn WONT allow it :S

sorry :( there have been many threads about this :P
06-30-2005 08:55 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

impossible, due to the way the msn protocol works.

or wait, it IS possible, but both the contacts would need the plugin, which defeats the purpose of this plugin ("could you please download this plugin so I can appear "away" for you?)

but if you want to appear offline to someone, feel free to block them :wink:

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 08:55 PM by Millenium_edition.
06-30-2005 08:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I suggested this and got a PM. Haven't tried it yet though:

On Today at 17:43, Mentality wrote:
hey do you remeber that thread, if i remeber rightly you wanted an add-on or patch that would show you as a different status to other people, and everyone said it would be hard work and no one would do it, well messenger discovery (add-on) does it, not as away or as busy but as offline to the individual contacts you select to appear offline to. as many as you want. you can still send them messages and they can send em to to but as it says in the top that you appear to be offline, they wouldnt send em anyways. unless their dumb, or unless you send em a message first to imply your there. plus it does a whole load of other stuff.

http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29652

some adds come up during the install from the sponsors, but they dnt install and your not required to click them to complete the install they stay for a few seconds each then the install continues, i was gonna start a thread about it, but figured id get shouted at lmao. anyways if you decide to use it enjoy, to change the preferences on it, right click the icon in the taskbar an selct options, you'll work the rest out for yourself from there.
06-30-2005 09:14 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I suggested this and got a PM. Haven't tried it yet though:

On Today at 17:43, Mentality wrote:
hey do you remeber that thread, if i remeber rightly you wanted an add-on or patch that would show you as a different status to other people, and everyone said it would be hard work and no one would do it, well messenger discovery (add-on) does it, not as away or as busy but as offline to the individual contacts you select to appear offline to. as many as you want. you can still send them messages and they can send em to to but as it says in the top that you appear to be offline, they wouldnt send em anyways. unless their dumb, or unless you send em a message first to imply your there. plus it does a whole load of other stuff.

If its only appear offline why use a complete add-on? You can block them, you just can't talk to them without a lil help from an add-on or a plugin. But if you plan to talk to them why block? Stuffplug-NG has "allow talking to blocked contacts" feature, wich does the same as mentioned in the pm you got (you block them, so they dont see you online and still you can message them and they can message back).

Anyways i don't think thats what philb is looking for as he specificly mentions the statusses online to one, busy to another.

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 10:19 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-30-2005 10:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: