What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
Author: Message:
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
pfft didnt have enough blood and gore for my liking anyway tbh, saving private ryan > *
08-01-2005 07:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
pfft didnt have enough blood and gore for my liking anyway tbh, saving private ryan > *
Better watch SAW :refuck: Freaky movie
Well, Charly and the Chocolate Factory was something good, i accept it, but it's not my type of movie neither.
08-01-2005 08:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
meh, i thought the film was great!!! :P

the ending was good because it was a lot better than the older versions ending:P

johnny depp is funny:P

oompa loompa's rule.... yes i know its one guy :dodgy: :P

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
08-02-2005 05:12 PM
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
Saw it the other day and I was quite pleased with it. Johnny Depp must be the most versatile around - he can play any sort of role.

Must admit I had a few gripes with it:
- Willy Wonka being American yet his father English;
- The complate Americanism of it i.e. 'Band-Aid' instead of 'Plaster', 'Candy' instead of 'Chocolate/Sweets' etc.
- The actor playing Charlie - quite annoying kid, not a bad actor though.

Much better than the Wilder version.

PS. Traxor, I hope that WOTW is your favourite film just because you've not seen that many films to compare it with! It's really not great, but I appreciate it's your opinion.(Y)
08-02-2005 05:25 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
I've seen a hell of a lot of films in my life time, all a different range of films, and I know what to say when I see a decent film, I look at all different kinds of aspects when I see a film. As for not seeing films like this film, I have seen many sci-fi films, etc. I can compare it to many films, and IMO it was the best film I've seen for years, but I appreciate your opinion also in this matter.
08-02-2005 06:38 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
anyone else think that the little song the dolls sing 'willy wonka.. willy wonka...' when the kids first enter the factory...

was a bit like the dolls in shrek 'welcome to dulok'

was funni:P

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
08-02-2005 07:42 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
anyone else think that the little song the dolls sing 'willy wonka.. willy wonka...' when the kids first enter the factory...

was a bit like the dolls in shrek 'welcome to dulok'

was funni:P

Yeah, it reminds me of that, somebody was listening to that earlier, and the Willy Wonka song automatically came to mind, in fact, I'm going to put it on now!

Now Playing: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory - Wonka's Welcome Song

see!
08-02-2005 07:50 PM
shadowfaerie

la la la lick the lolly la la la

35 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I went to see the new film on Saturday night, (the day after it came out), so I'm going to do an analysis of it and ask you what you think...

Well, the general acting throughout the film is really good, I think they did the casting really well. Charlie is a really good actor, Willy Wonka (Johny Depp) is also really good in it. The other children are very good, along with the grandparents/family members etc. & of course the Oompa Loompa"s"... I have the "s" is the hyphons for one reason, the Oompa Loompas are all played by one person! Deep Roy. He is really good in it, and the Oompa loompas are so much better than in the previous one. The songs are catchy and fun to watch, luckily, it's not some of the cliché oompa loompa crap that was on the old film.

Johny Depp plays Willy Wonka really really well, he is quite a strange character in this one, not like Gene Wilder at all. He is more child like, and seems somewhat deprived of the human company, he is a pale person, that is pale, and hates to say any words that are associated with parents. He keeps having flashbacks of his childhood, which explain why he became a chocolate maker, but I won't ruin it for you and go into detail. Later on, it even flashs back to show how the Oompa Loompas came to work in the factory, something that was in the book, yet was never in the original film. He fits the role really well, and has quite a high-pitched, immature voice, you have to get used to the character, but his overall character is amazing, he is a great actor, and you can tell he has researched his character very well...

The costumes and make-up are really good, they're very dark yet jump out, like pop-art, all of the people have blatantly had make-up though, as their skin is really pale and perfect, there teeth are very emphasised, as are their eyes. They definitely have contact lenses in.

The storyline is really good, and as I said, it is full of flashbacks, not only of willy wonka, but of all of the places described in the book, like the original workers of the factory, the chocolate palace etc.

I would definitely say that this would appeal to a wide audience, I was very sceptical about seeing the movie, but when I was there, I was constantly on the edge of my seat... I'm even going to buy the soundtrack!!!

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) 5 Stars!

By the way, I just got back from watching War of the Worlds aswell, for the second time, I already saw it last wednesday at the cinema, I went to see it with my friend and parents again, and it is still just as good, quite possibly the best film I've ever seen!

went to see it today, very much agree, lil kids were watching it and u cud hear them ask their parents what different parts ment, which kinda sucked, funni at times tho

but i dont agree with war of the worlds, that was a very disappointing film... sum gud tense bits, but kinda shit...(N)

This post was edited on 08-02-2005 at 10:54 PM by shadowfaerie.
                                                     devia ut a crudus
rose..
08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: