What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Changing Font within the same Message

Changing Font within the same Message
Author: Message:
Sprintakid

O.P. Changing Font within the same Message
Hello.

In messenger plus in the chat windows you can click on the Messenger Plus! icon and then formatting tags to change the format of what you're saying.

Is there a 'quick' way of doing this? Such as typing 'font:italic/' or something, and then closing it in a similar way, or simply keeping the little formatting bar that appears from disappearing after you've clicked on it once (so that you can close the tag after, rather than having to get the bar up again).

There're so many times where I've wanted to emphasise just one word in a sentence, but its almost not worth the time and the effort (ok, so it's not much time and effort to click three times, but it's still more than I'd like :P)

Thanks in advance for any help.
07-10-2005 10:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Changing Font within the same Message
ctrl+b <text> ctrl+b == bold
ctrl+t <text> ctrl+t == italics
ctrl+u <text> ctrl+u == underline

Also: selecting the text you want formatted and pressing one of the above combinations will automatically place the tags around the selected text.

This post was edited on 07-10-2005 at 10:42 PM by ddunk.
07-10-2005 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sprintakid

O.P. RE: Changing Font within the same Message
I tried that. After re-trying I've found that underline works, but italics doesn't (bold doesn't work either, but my default font is already in bold, so I will forgive it for that).

So... anyway of getting italics people? (The effect I get when I press <ctrl+ i> is similar to pressing tab in a word document)

Edit:
Actually, read that wrong. You've told me 'ctrl + t' not 'ctrl + i' as it is in word. It does work and I thank you so much.

In that case, what does 'ctrl +i' do?

This post was edited on 07-10-2005 at 10:56 PM by Sprintakid.
07-10-2005 10:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Changing Font within the same Message
The shortcut for italics is ctrl+T not ctrl+I, yeah i know it's weird, but I = Indent so the seconds letter of iTalics is used
07-10-2005 10:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: