What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Regular" POP3 not working

"Regular" POP3 not working
Author: Message:
timorose

O.P. "Regular" POP3 not working
I have found that since upgrading to 3.5, my POP3 emails are not being polled. The only way that I can get it to work is to sign out of Messenger and then sign back in. I have tested this on many occasions but have found no way to correct it. My pop3 email account is from my ISP in western Canada (TELUS, if Patchou needs to know exactly), whom I work for. As yet, I have not asked anyone at work whether they are experiencing the same problem, but the majority of the people I work with stick with html email providers anyway. Any help would be appreciated.
07-12-2005 03:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: "Regular" POP3 not working
The alerts will only appear if there's unread e-mail in the inbox.

There is a way to double-check Plus! is polling the account: set the auto-check delay to something short, like 1 minute, and use a network traffic monitor to look for outgoing connections connecting to a remote server's port 110.

If that sounds a little complicated, then just send yourself an e-mail ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-12-2005 10:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
timorose

O.P. RE: "Regular" POP3 not working
The only email that will be on the email server is unread mail. I have tested it many times using the exact methods you mentioned. I work for my ISP as a Help Desk Analyst and as such, I can assure you that all of my settings are correct. It was all working fine until the latest upgrade. As I said, when I sign out of Messenger and then back in, it will poll properly, but not while Messenger/Plus! are running after the initial connection. My auto-check delay is set to 3 minutes because I wondered whether having it set to something shorter (1 minute) was causing the problem.
07-12-2005 02:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: