What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Why is MSN7 so buggy for me?

Why is MSN7 so buggy for me?
Author: Message:
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  Why is MSN7 so buggy for me?
I was using MSN6 for ages, with MsgPlus! and that worked great. :D

However, since I upgraded to MSN7 (when it was officially released as a full product by MS), it has done nothing but give me troubles (and 3 or 4 of my friends have the same). On the other hand, my sister doesn't have any of the problems I have. :s

Most of the problems appear during mass convos, but some appear in 1-2-1 convos as well. Someone suggested MsgPlus was the problem, but even when running MSN7 without Plus installed, it is still very buggy.

A brief outline of the problems I (and my friends) experience with MSN7:

Emoticons randomly disappear and appear.

Handwriting sometimes says "Not all recipients can view handwriting so all handwriting will be displayed as text" (along those lines). We all know it works fine - this one tends to happen in mass convos more though.

Transfers will sometimes not appear correctly when you try to send them to someone, and then will say (after a good half hour) "transfer could not be sent".

Sometimes I will be talking to someone and it will suddenly say "this message couldn't be delivered to all recipients". The message is normally one that I sent to the person quite a while before, which they received perfectly fine.

You will be having a convo, and it will say "blah-de-blah has left this conversation. You ask the person why they left in a new window, and they say "I haven't left the conversation". :s

It does loads of weird things all the time. I downloaded my version from MSN, and I think it is the latest version (7.0.0813).

I would use another program like Trillian or GAIM, but then I can't use MsgPlus!. :(

Im not sure there is anything that can be done to fix it. Im just having a good rant 8-). If you have had similar and know whats wrong, let me know. :)
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
07-13-2005 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Why is MSN7 so buggy for me?
You're mixing quite a few programs together there.

Handwriting Plugins - Make sure you have the latest version for 7.

Closed window notifiers - stuffplug has now become unreliable seen as MSN changed their protocol.

Get the latest MSN 7.0.816 from http://www.msn.com

This post was edited on 07-13-2005 at 01:14 PM by mwe99.
07-13-2005 01:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
:O tasha's bro had chnaged his name :S

get the lastest version of msn messenger i host it or http://messenger.msn.com :P

file transfters can be like that becuase of your firewall :( check to see if msn had full rights.

Talk to me on msn i may help a bit does this happen on tasha's msn to or just yours maybe a clean reinstall in needed ;)
07-13-2005 02:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Why is MSN7 so buggy for me?
I have just MSN7 and MsgPlus!. I was using the Ghost patch for a while, but I completely uninstalled (cleaned the registry and such too), and reinstalled, as I thought that was the problem. Ill try the newest version though.

MSN has the full rights on the firewalls. What makes it really confusing is it happens to my friends MSNs too. :S
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
07-13-2005 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays
1. Emoticons randomly disappear and appear.

2. Handwriting sometimes says "Not all recipients can view handwriting so all handwriting will be displayed as text" (along those lines). We all know it works fine - this one tends to happen in mass convos more though.

3. Transfers will sometimes not appear correctly when you try to send them to someone, and then will say (after a good half hour) "transfer could not be sent".

4. Sometimes I will be talking to someone and it will suddenly say "this message couldn't be delivered to all recipients". The message is normally one that I sent to the person quite a while before, which they received perfectly fine.

5. You will be having a convo, and it will say "blah-de-blah has left this conversation. You ask the person why they left in a new window, and they say "I haven't left the conversation". :s
Numbered to make it easy to reply
1. Standard emoticons or custom?

2. mwe99, you don't need any plugins for MSNM7 handwriting - it works so long as you have the Ink Redistributables installed. As for the problem, it only happens if one of the participants hasn't got Handwriting enabled.
When person joins a conversation, one of the first things that's sent is a number that represents what that person's client supports. If the number doesn't indicate Handwriting is supported, it'll be disabled for the conversation.

3, 4. Server issues :S

5. mwe99 is right on this one ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-13-2005 07:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stephen_wq

Fireball!

– / Male / –
I get the exact same problems, exept in file transfers, i sometimes will get sent a file(i havent figured out a pattern) and the links will be half there, and the writing will be cut in half, and no preview pic. looks something like this:
xxxxxx is sending:
accept(whatever the shortcut is) decline(shortcut) cancel
(the links just go to #)
its really annoying, and of course the file doesnt send

edit: check that, it doesnt get rid of the text, it just half links it

This post was edited on 07-16-2005 at 11:20 AM by stephen_wq.
07-16-2005 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: