What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Stop listening for when I'm back!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Stop listening for when I'm back!
Author: Message:
Freeze

37 / Male / –
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back!
What I think of it?

Quite an odd suggestion, if you just setup Plus! to set your status to away with a certain global hotkey, your problem is solved, No? it takes like 0.0003 secs to press the hotkey and go AFK, so...

Don't be too lazy =)
08-22-2005 09:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Unknown...

O.P. RE: RE: Stop listening for when I'm back!
quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
What I think of it?

Quite an odd suggestion, if you just setup Plus! to set your status to away with a certain global hotkey, your problem is solved, No? it takes like 0.0003 secs to press the hotkey and go AFK, so...

Don't be too lazy =)

I don't think I'm being lazy, as I already do this, but in doing so it DOES NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM. I'll explain.

The nice part about AUTOMATIC status change is that if you FORGET to change your status and leave your computer IT WILL DO IT FOR YOU.  C'mon, how easy is it to forget? - I know I often forget / get distracted from my PC and 'automatic status change' kicks in, alerting my contacts that I'm 'Away'.  It operates as a 'catch-all', a function that implicitly works after I have forgotten to do something.
Telling me to 'use a personalised status' DOESN'T solve my problem if I forget / get distracted from my PC and never actually invoke that status.  So I set the automatic status change function 'on', allowing it to automatically change my status to 'Away'.  I'm back to my original problem; as soon as I register activity my status reverts back to what it was pre-'auto-away' (I.E. 'online') and I get swamped with messages from people as soon as I get back to my PC.

This is so annoying, especially when I know how ONE simple checkbox (from the GUI, yes the coding would be larger) could solve this problem.  I just don't understand why this isn't implemented.  It's not a privacy issue, it's not a network congestion / flooding issue.  No one here has been able to give me even ONE good reason why this shouldn't be added.  Adding it would not change / have ZERO IMPACT upon existing functionality.  It would only ENHANCE the programs feature set.

I just don’t get it.  ONE checkbox.  INCREASED Functionality.  ZERO IMPACT on existing functionality.  This is something I feel really strongly about.  I don't understand why it isn’t implemented.

.jpg File Attachment: Proposed-Functionality.jpg (85.85 KB)
This file has been downloaded 149 time(s).
09-20-2005 06:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: