What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » clock and date together displayed in system tray

clock and date together displayed in system tray
Author: Message:
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. clock and date together displayed in system tray
Right below on your screen there usually is the system clock. A couple of days ago I was at my uncle's to install service pack 2, he received it from Microsoft on a disk. He had a modified systemtray, it wasn't green and blue, but grey (packard bell). I installed SP2, and when I rebooted the pc the taskbalk turned into blue-green colors back again, standard XP theme, but now the time AND data were being viewed right below, below each other, while the taskbalk was not enlarged. How did this happen? I wanted this to have on my pc too, so I searched in my configuration window at screen display but i'm not able to modify the taskbalk, I only have 2 tabs there; screensaver and settings. Even a tab to set the background of your desktop isn't there and I guess that's because I have an ATI video card, it generates it's own kind of menu there. So I can't use that option to get the date also in the system tray below the clock. And is there still another way to do it? Afaik you can only get the date in the tray if you enlarge the tray to 2 units, but at my uncle's it is even there at only one unit... how???

This post was edited on 08-01-2005 at 01:39 PM by Exca.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
08-01-2005 01:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: clock and date together displayed in system tray
ehh #1, to get your taskbar gray, if I'm really get what you mean, it might be the second them coming with Windows Xp, simply right click on a clear space of ur desktop, choose proprietes, and then go in appearence,  and change the colour sheme to silver.

Now about the date showig.. I rly don't know.. maybe changing the screen resolution..? :S I rlly don't kknow, sorry..
08-01-2005 03:06 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: clock and date together displayed in system tray
The grey theme would be Windows Classic theme. Something like Windows 98/ME.

Afaik the only way to display time and date instead of just time is to have the taskbar enlarged. There might be a tweak in Power Tools from Microsoft.
08-01-2005 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Exca

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: clock and date together displayed in system tray
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
ehh #1, to get your taskbar gray, if I'm really get what you mean, it might be the second them coming with Windows Xp, simply right click on a clear space of ur desktop, choose proprietes, and then go in appearence,  and change the colour sheme to silver.

Thanks, it was that window I was looking for, that's the only way I can enter it and not trough my configuration window. But anyway I found out you can't change anything for the clock there. And as for the screen resolution; that can't be the reason because the taskbalk is always the same height of pixels. Now; I found this program called T-Clock Light; you can modify the windows systemtray clock with it. I got it just as it was at my uncle's, apart from  the fact that at my uncle's the day was showed below the clock, as with me it now appears on one line; AND; he didn't do any program ;) but it's fine now. I'll post a screenshot later as i'm on another pc now. ;) tnx
But that is my opinion!

08-01-2005 08:23 PM
Exca

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: clock and date together displayed in system tray
Now here is the screenshot of the thing: you can also edit the font; I have set the letters a bit smaller because I personally think it becomes to big else. But you can also set it to fat, so it's much clear and easier to read, but I don't need it. Now there appears monday, but you can also set the date there, or like: mo, 1/8 23:43 and every possibilities you wish. I think this is a nice feature, it's very easy to use, to install and it's helpful. cyaaa xx

.jpg File Attachment: clockscreen.JPG (101.59 KB)
This file has been downloaded 78 time(s).
But that is my opinion!

08-01-2005 09:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: