What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Where can I find...

Where can I find...
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. Where can I find...
Administrative Tools>Local Security Settings>Local Policies>User Rights Assignment  in XP Home. This address applies to XP Pro and I have been told to access this to solve a particular problem I have but the address doesn't exist on my XP Home computer.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 07-21-2005 at 10:32 PM by kierant.
07-21-2005 10:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Where can I find...
Unfortunatly XP Home, doesn't have Local Security Policy, so AFAIK, the only way to do it is in the registry.

What is the thing you wish to change?
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-21-2005 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Where can I find...
Thanks for the reply. Well I have been having problems accessing shared documents on my PC from my laptop over my wireless network as mentioned here.

I did a bit of searching on the net and found this solution but can't find the address given to solve it.
07-22-2005 02:16 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Hmm... me and my brother share MP3's over a wireless network... I'm not sure exactly how he did it... But all I know is that the folders that are shared between the computers have a little hand type thinger on the folder icon... I didn't think he needed to go into the registry though?
07-22-2005 02:29 PM
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Where can I find...
Well that's the thing...there are hand icons under shared folders etc. so everything should be working. It's only the last few weeks or so that I have been unable to access anything on the PC from the laptop. I can still access everything on the laptop from the PC.
07-22-2005 02:37 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Oh... well... Our computer, has got two main disk drives... like... C: and then E:... cause we got our computer reformatted and stuff cause it wasn't workin a while back, and they weren't sure what to delete, so we have a bunch of "double" type files... If you have more than one folder of like the same thing sharing, sometimes it wouldn't let us share out of one of the folders, but it would out of the other... like say... if it was on the C drive it wouldn't let us access it on the lap top... but on the E drive it would...

EDIT: Since people don't usually have much clutter on their computer like me... umm... did you try right clicking on the folder(s) you wanted to share between networks..... Right click on the folder, go to propeties, then go to sharing... make sure you have Share This Folder on the Network... checked... and title it and that.

This post was edited on 07-22-2005 at 03:01 PM by qgroessl.
07-22-2005 02:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: