What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Laptop help for Calvin

Laptop help for Calvin
Author: Message:
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Laptop help for Calvin
Im posting this on behalf of Calvin from the forums who has messaged me saying he has done something to his laptop which stops him having use of it. I will try to sum up his problems and explain it as well as i can considering I cant personally see the problem.

He accidently left the laptop on for an extended period of time and it froze his computer. He closed this lid and re-opened it but this just locked the computer with and wouldnt allow him to type a username (there are no passwords on the computer anyway).

He then let the computer battery run out (because this is the best way to fix a computer8-)). When he plugs it into the wall, he sees the acer screen, he sees the windows is going to resume screen and then he gets the windows is preparing to hibernate screen and it just stays on that. (The shutdown button wont work).
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

07-23-2005 05:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Laptop help for Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
Im posting this on behalf of Calvin from the forums who has messaged me saying he has done something to his laptop which stops him having use of it. I will try to sum up his problems and explain it as well as i can considering I cant personally see the problem.

He accidently left the laptop on for an extended period of time and it froze his computer. He closed this lid and re-opened it but this just locked the computer with and wouldnt allow him to type a username (there are no passwords on the computer anyway).

He then let the computer battery run out (because this is the best way to fix a computer8-)). When he plugs it into the wall, he sees the acer screen, he sees the windows is going to resume screen and then he gets the windows is preparing to hibernate screen and it just stays on that. (The shutdown button wont work).

sounds like the same laptop problem NoName...er Norma Jean has...its very hard to figure out.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
07-23-2005 05:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Doesn't he have a power button? :s Mine does.[/offtopic]

Tell him to get into Safe Mode. *-) Generally, F8 before the windows loading screen. Then restart. That could clean any saved stuff from standby/hibernation.

Does the "preparing to hibernate" screen give him an option to delete what was saved (when the batteries ran out)?

It is, indeed, weird. I can remember something like this happened to me a couple of years ago.

This post was edited on 07-23-2005 at 05:40 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

07-23-2005 05:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TylerG

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
(The shutdown button wont work).
quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
Doesn't he have a power button? :S

Yes, it just isn't working.  Did he plug it into the wall immediatly, cuz I bet if he left it on for a long time, it might have over heated.  Maybe if he waited a while:S 
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
07-23-2005 05:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: