What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Why must my computer HATE me??

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Why must my computer HATE me??
Author: Message:
Ginger

Well, this one time at band camp..

– / Female / –
O.P. Why must my computer HATE me??
For the past 3 weeks, my computer has been on the fritz. At the beginning, at first when i tried to turn it on it said it could not start windows normally and gave me options such as run in safe mode, run with last best settings, etc etc or start windows normally. NOTHING worked. So then my brother got the bright idea for me to reformat it. I was just finishing up when my computer froze. A pop up appeared that said There is no disk in Drive A, please insert one. When i clicked on cancel, it froze. It has now done this several times, actually every time i try to use the computer. PLEASE any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated, i am computer challenged.
Inferno @ The Opera House.
November 25. 2005
Toronto.
Come check it out! (k)
07-24-2005 03:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Why must my computer HATE me??
Have you tried scanning for viruses and stuff? Or booting in safe mode and scanning?
07-24-2005 03:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
sounds like it could be a Virus , have u looked through google search on this problem?
07-24-2005 03:53 AM
Ginger

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Why must my computer HATE me??
I cant even get past the reformatting thing, it just comes up automatically when i turn on my computer so no i cant scan it. The last time i actually was using my computer succesfully i was in the middle of a virus scan when it shut off for no apparent reason

This post was edited on 07-24-2005 at 03:54 AM by Ginger.
November 25. 2005
Toronto.
Come check it out! (k)
07-24-2005 03:54 AM
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
my hdd screwed in some way too and I couldn't get windows to properly start and we couldn't do much.. We didn't want to lose all our data by formating it so we end up getting another comp (the old one was getting old and was fucking up anyways) and we added the old hdd to this one after installing windows on that computer. You could always get another hdd, get windows on it, get an anti-virus, add the other hdd, scan it and try getting it to work somehow like i managed.. But if you don't want to spare a few bucks on another hdd, I really don't know how you could fix this
07-24-2005 04:10 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Try unplugging disk drive A... is it floppy or CD disk drive?... or is that just the main drive on your puter?... Our old computer had a problem with the floppy drive (which we called a), and when we took out the floppy all together it righted itself.
07-24-2005 04:12 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
I'm a little confused - how did you format the drive? And what happens when you turn on the computer now? Do you get anything like the XP splash screen, or a nice blue screen or anything which says formatting/loading/starting etc

Edit: (You've managed to type on here - does that mean you have two computers? If this is the case and you still want to format it may be just as easy physically moving the drive to the other computer to format it (like wacky said). It's not too difficult if you're a little geeky) :)

This post was edited on 07-24-2005 at 04:28 AM by multimillion2k.
07-24-2005 04:27 AM
Ginger

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Why must my computer HATE me??
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
It's not too difficult if you're a little geeky

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS. i can type.. thats about it.
The other computer when i turn it on it shows me the regular desktop for about 5 seconds and then goes into this screen that it froze at when i was reformatting (using sum craptacular disks my brother gave me) sayin its processing something and then i get the popup and it freezes ALL over again.
November 25. 2005
Toronto.
Come check it out! (k)
07-24-2005 04:28 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
I hate to tell you, but craptacular isn't a real word.

Um, have you tried booting in safe mode since you tried formatting? If it doesn't freeze then perhaps you can use system restore and you may be able to get away with not formatting your computer.
07-24-2005 04:40 AM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
This probably isn't any help but anyway...
My computer was getting slower and slower until it stopped working. When I tried to turn it on, it would get to the black screen with a few words and then restart. I couldn't fix it to I took it to someone I knew who could try and fix it. There was some clash between my graphics card and Windows SP2.
So yeah, it's all good now.
Hopefully you can fix your problem :S
07-24-2005 08:00 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: