What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Different auto-away

Different auto-away
Author: Message:
j4n

O.P. Different auto-away
I was thinking of another way to change your status after a certain time.
Now your status is changed when you do nothing with your computer, I'd like to see it changed after X time where I haven't sent any messages.
What bothers me about the current system is that when I'm actually doing something on my pc I still get messages because my status won't change when I'm typing. Imo it would be the most elegant solution if MSN changed my status automatically when I'm ignoring it, in other words when I haven't sent messages for a certain period.

I've looked in the database and couldn't find a plugin with this function, so I was wondering if I could make it myself. It didn't look that difficult to me, but there is no event for sent messages. Well there is the parsecommand function but that is only called when messages start with /x.
Then on these forums in other threads they suggested a proxy, but if I'm not mistaken that would be a different process and I'd like it to be part of MSN/Messenger Plus.

Did I miss something or wouldn't it be worth the effort?
08-02-2005 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Different auto-away
quote:
Originally posted by j4n
I was thinking of another way to change your status after a certain time.
Now your status is changed when you do nothing with your computer, I'd like to see it changed after X time where I haven't sent any messages.
What bothers me about the current system is that when I'm actually doing something on my pc I still get messages because my status won't change when I'm typing. Imo it would be the most elegant solution if MSN changed my status automatically when I'm ignoring it, in other words when I haven't sent messages for a certain period.

I've looked in the database and couldn't find a plugin with this function, so I was wondering if I could make it myself. It didn't look that difficult to me, but there is no event for sent messages. Well there is the parsecommand function but that is only called when messages start with /x.
Then on these forums in other threads they suggested a proxy, but if I'm not mistaken that would be a different process and I'd like it to be part of MSN/Messenger Plus.

Did I miss something or wouldn't it be worth the effort?

It sounds like a great idea, but to be honest, it would be nice to switch it into BPM (Boss Protection Mode) instead of simply changing your status. BPM is better (IMO of course) because it changes the MSN icon and hides all conversation windows and blocks sounds from playing, etc. Unless that's what you meant.
[Image: 7.png]
08-02-2005 11:28 PM
j4n

O.P. RE: Different auto-away
Thanks for the reply.

I've never used the Boss protection mode. I had to look up what it did, but yeah it sounds like a great addition, if I get the rest working. :)

I was thinking of making a plugin for the BotDK plugin, instead as it has message sent events, but my plugin keeps crashing. BotDK even crashes when I compile the example project, so I've put it on hold for the moment.
08-04-2005 05:22 PM
Unknown...

RE: RE: Different auto-away
quote:
Originally posted by j4n
I was thinking of making a plugin for the BotDK plugin, instead as it has message sent events...

BotDK? Perhaps this could help me with what I'd like to do. Basically when the status is automatically changed I'd like it to remain until I manually change it.
*Edit: Thought it may be helpful to link my post discussing this http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=47748

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 06:16 PM by Unknown....
08-04-2005 06:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: