What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Unable to read some incoming contacts messages

Unable to read some incoming contacts messages
Author: Message:
lil_msdifficult

O.P. Unable to read some incoming contacts messages
When I have some of my contacts send me messages I am not recieving anything other than their name on my message box. I have tryed changing the background color and uninstalling messenger plus and reinstalling it(everything is fine on my messenger with out the plus added).

The only way I can get the text to show up is by going into plus + preferences + instant messages and then checking the box that says Override text format. ( Although if highlight the area under the name in the messenger box and copy and paste it I can read what they contact has wrote). Therefore the text has to be being sent just I am unable to read.

I have also checked with the contacts to see what version they where running of msn to see if it was specific to that. There are three on my list two are using msn 7.0 and the other is using msn 6.2.

Someone had suggested that the resources where low on the computer but this is not possible as my computer is only about 5 months old.

Plus version: 3.54.132
MSN version 7.0
Operating System: Windows XP

I hope this is clear enough I tryed to put enough but not to much information. Please help me with this :):)
08-03-2005 02:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Unable to read some incoming contacts messages
If you click in the conversation box that shows all of your messages and press CTRL+A does the convo appear in white? If so then your contact is using a custom caller that clashes with something on the IM window. This is not a bug with Messenger Plus!. I suggest setting the background to the Default wavy one on MSN Messenger and see if that works.

Also can you post a screenshot of the conversation window where you cant see text? (With Override Text Defaults disabled)

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 04:12 PM by matty.
08-03-2005 04:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Unable to read some incoming contacts messages
As far as I understand the problem, your contact is sending you text that has the same color as the background, which is why you can't see it in the chat window. Variosu reasons could explain that but you'd better talk to your friend about it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-05-2005 06:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: