What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics

NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics
Author: Message:
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics
I borrowed my mates need for speed underground 2. i installed with no problem. but when i play the game the graphics are poor and i get choppy gameplay. If i turn the graphic detail up, it may look good but it becomes really slow and unplayable, so im surviving on playing with the lowest graphics :|
im downloading the latest patch right now so im not sure if it will fix it.
also i have checked the requirements and i excel all of them
help!

p.s. my specs are:

Pentium 4, 1.80Ghz
512Mb RAM
Radeon 9200SE card
i think thats all u need to know :D
08-05-2005 06:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
RE: NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics
That should all be fine, but there is a chance you have have some of the advanced graphics card settings incorrectly set. This was my problem when I installed a new graphics card, I had set it to 8x agp when my motherboard could only support 4x There are some filtering settins and things that you could check also. Try running it at a lower resolution, what are you currently running it at?
08-05-2005 07:05 PM
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
NFSU2 is way more demanding than any of the specs on the box say it is. My specs:

P4 2.8Ghz,
1Gb DDR RAM,
FX5900 XT TDH 128Mb,

and it still judders slightly in certain places on the map, namely the hilly area in the far north, and the industrial area in the far south.

I would suggest doing the following:

Turn all graphics to the lowest possible level. Then slowly, turn them up, one by one. Do this in order of what you would consider greater importance (depends how fussy you are about your graphics - I couldn't give a monkeys about anti-aliasing, so I leave it off). I did this until I found the graphics smooth, then I fiddled a bit more until they were balanced enough for playing. The only way I could ever solve my jerking in the areas mentioned above, was to drop the resolution to 800x600 (normally 1024x768). Looked terrible, so I learn to play with it. :p
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
08-05-2005 07:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics
im running at 1024x768. no major difference if i change the resolution. all the grahpic levels are on the lowest setting possible. how do i change the speed from 8x to 4x?!
08-05-2005 07:46 PM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays
Turn all graphics to the lowest possible level. Then slowly, turn them up, one by one.
This is the best way - you won't find much difference between 800x600 and 1024x768 in the end. For a few races you will find you may want to play at the lowest settings, especially at the Becon Hill/Jackson Heights area I think. Also you may find some of your drag races will slow down quite alot if you don't.

When they give system requirements all it means is that the computer won't blow up when you run the game.

AGP (Transfer/Turbo) Mode: In your bios settings under 'chipset features' or something similar.
08-05-2005 09:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: NFSU2 Choppy gameplay and poor graphics
ok ill try those. i saw somewhere i need to put the detail to the top cos of an ATi bug.
also, my games will stop on the loading screen. the bar moves but the screen doesnt change at all
08-05-2005 11:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: