What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Full nickname in chatlog entry header

Full nickname in chatlog entry header
Author: Message:
R0berto[]

O.P. Full nickname in chatlog entry header
well, I guess it's not exactly a bug, but...

I noticed today that in my chatlogs the nicknames of my contacts aren't shown in full length. But that is not unexpected, because I set it like that.
But I wanted to see the nick a person had at the start of the conversation, but it was truncated in the entry-header:
code:
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session start: somedate                                            |
| Participants:                                                      |
|    ...the rest of a name (somename@address.com)                    |
|    Fullname (someothername@address.com)                            |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

that part of the log entry ;)

then I started looking for the option for disabling that truncating, but I could only find it for the conversation itself, and even when I disable that it isn't show in full in the header...
strangely enough, with namechanges the full-length name IS shown.... also with status changes...
I just want to see the full-length name at the start of the conversation (shown in the header) and at name-changes (it doesn't bother me when status-changes are displayed, but I really don't want it all through the conversation..)

Can someone point me at a option I obviously missed, or a plugin I didn't find, which fixes this problem....
PS: or can someone make me a plugin to do so ;)
08-09-2005 06:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Full nickname in chatlog entry header
This has always been like this, I think it is so that the main layout of the chat logs is kept, because as you can see they are quite neat and tidy, but if the name lengths were different, then it would be more scruffy and un-even. That is why, I think, he truncates the names in the chat logs.

Sorry to dissapoint you in anyway.
08-09-2005 06:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
R0berto[]

O.P. RE: Full nickname in chatlog entry header
well, I don't think that is really a problem, because the length of nicknames do vary, and that is very neatly cut off in the logs (when you disable truncating)... so I don't see why that would be a problem.... (as long as you keep a monospaced font, I won't be a problem...
08-09-2005 06:28 PM
kipper2258

RE: Full nickname in chatlog entry header
One query I have always had with this is that it only shows the BEGGINING of the name (and the full email) at the top but in the main body it only shows te END. I sometimes find it hard in multi-convos to work out who is who, if that makes any sence.

Any ideas?
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-09-2005 06:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites