What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [feuture request] tabs in startbalk

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[feuture request] tabs in startbalk
Author: Message:
tristanj

O.P. [feuture request] tabs in startbalk
somehting like this would be cool :)

[Image: bla6ji.th.jpg]

This post was edited on 08-14-2005 at 11:34 AM by tristanj.
08-14-2005 11:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [feuture request] tabs in startbalk
It's a good idea, it looks a bit like Windows XP's grouped programs or whatever it's named.*
Only ur concept design sucks. :P

(btw, u have IE7 beta 1, so ur a beta tester? :))

* Ik zie dat je NL bent, dus ik heb het over Gelijksoortige knoppen gegroepeerd weergeven als je op de taakbalk rechtsklikt en Eigenschappen kiest. Mocht dat duidelijker zijn. ;)

This post was edited on 08-14-2005 at 11:58 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-14-2005 11:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tristanj

O.P. RE: [feuture request] tabs in startbalk
nah i have windows vista beta 1 to only i can't play games on it:P so i use xp.
and the concept sucks becuase i don't have photoshop installed...
but i think the idea is nice.
08-14-2005 12:52 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I think the idea would were well with the tabbed conversation feature Patchou i THINK is working on :S I'm not a MsgPlus! BETA tester so i cant really say much due to the fact i dont even know lol

This post was edited on 08-14-2005 at 01:45 PM by mwe99.
08-14-2005 01:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tristanj

O.P. RE: [feuture request] tabs in startbalk
yes i know and i saw screens of it but if he put's tabs in the startbalk cause i saw in the screens that wasn't possible only in the chat windows
08-14-2005 02:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
tristanj, just enable Windows XP's grouped taskbar buttons. This is exactly what they do...

right click on the taskbar > Properties > Group similar buttons (=second last option in first panel)

Note that this will enable the "grouped view" for all (similar) programs because this is simply a Windows XP feature and nothing specific for MSN Messenger. Doing exactly the same for only MSN Messenger is as good as impossible.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=513196]

.gif File Attachment: xp_taskbargroups2.gif (8.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 308 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 12:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 12:09 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
tristanj, just enable Windows XP's grouped taskbar buttons. This is exactly what they do...

right click on the taskbar > Properties > Group similar buttons (=second last option in first panel)

Note that this will enable the "grouped view" for all (similar) programs because this is simply a Windows XP feature and nothing specific for MSN Messenger. Doing exactly the same for only MSN Messenger is as good as impossible.

I think he meant with the beta's tabbed conversations. As far as i know since it is all in one window this isnt possible, but it could be done easily. Patchou, this could be possible if you hid the group conversation from the taskbar, then created dummy windows that created buttons on the taskbar but were hidden. If you did it this way you could simply check when one of these dummy windows came into focus, and when so, activated the 'tab window' to the spesific tab. This could be buggy, but im sure it would work.. *-)

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 12:35 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-15-2005 12:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:

I think that it would be a good idea to have that on the tabbed conversation window, that way you could check who's talking to you and open the window immediately to their conversation.
[Image: 7.png]
08-15-2005 12:32 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [feuture request] tabs in startbalk
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
I think he meant with the beta's tabbed conversations.
his screenshot clearly shows what he means...

quote:
As far as i know since it is all in one window this isnt possible, but it could be done easily.
Only when you enable tabbed conversations in Plus! it will be in 1 window, otherwise it will be as it always was: multiple windows.

And yes it could be done easly like I said: enabled "group similar windows" in the taskbar of Windows. It's that or enabling grouped conversations in (the new to come) Messenger Plus!.

quote:
Patchou, this could be possible if you hid the group conversation from the taskbar, then created dummy windows that created buttons on the taskbar but were hidden. If you did it this way you could simply check when one of these dummy windows came into focus, and when so, activated the 'tab window' to the spesific tab. This could be buggy, but im sure it would work.. *-)
Totally useless tbh. If you do it in this way (btw, hidden windows don't have taskbar buttons), then what is the use of grouping convo's together??? It doesn't make sense as the purpose of grouping the convo's together is to get rid of all the taskbar buttons in the first place. So creating again other (dummy) buttons is totally pointless...

quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
I think that it would be a good idea to have that on the tabbed conversation window, that way you could check who's talking to you and open the window immediately to their conversation.
The feature already works like this... just wait until the official release of Plus! to see it for yourself. ;)

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 12:49 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 12:46 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Totally useless tbh. If you do it in this way (btw, hidden windows don't have taskbar buttons), then what is the use of grouping convo's together??? It doesn't make sense as the purpose of grouping the convo's together is to get rid of all the taskbar buttons in the first place. So creating again other (dummy) buttons is totally pointless...

Well first, you could hide these dummy windows by making them 1x1 and position them at 2x the resolution of the monitor if no other way was possible. and second, it could be possible to use the windows api or hook explorer or something to force the buttons to group, is it not?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.