What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » freakin block-checkers

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
freakin block-checkers
Author: Message:
s3xy

dinner is ready when uhear the alarm

– / Female / –
O.P. freakin block-checkers

ok so ma m8 starts ta talk bout i wird thing no reali wantin ta no wen sumthin cums up sayin hey wanna no whoz blockin u nd im like no but oh well ...........................bad me bad me.......it is a big nono its bad it slows ur comp nd evrythin nd can collect personal info. ahhhhhh bad bad.
i tried ta delete but guess wat...................IT DIDNT WORK.........big surprise der. any1 no how 2 get rid of it i will make u ma bestest frind if ya do..................by daq way it cums up on ya screen as if ur m8 has writtin it and if ur m8 actually has den sorri der jst seriously sik..

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 06:45 PM by Fraisie.
XxXs3xyXxX
08-23-2005 05:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: freakin block-checkers
ok if you acutally talked normal i could try and help.

Where did u get it from. It might be a virus,
08-23-2005 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
the block checker doesn't exist, it is actually a virus that you have downloaded.

this is how you remove the virus...

Step 1: Killing the processes
  1. Download Sysinternals' "Process Explorer" here and install it.
  2. Open Process Explorer and kill "csrss.exe" first.
  3. To avoid killing the wrong csrss.exe process, look at the "User Name" column which lists who has started the process.
  4. If it is "SYSTEM" or "NT AUTHORITY" or the likes, then it means it is the legit windows process started by Windows itself and shouldn't be killed. If it is your username/computername then it means the csrss.exe process has started up as a normal user program and thus is not legit and the fake one.
  5. This is the one you need to kill...
    While still in Process Explorer, kill "block-checker.exe" if it is still there.

Step 2: Removing the files
  1. Uninstall the block checker by going to "Add/Remove Programs" in the control panel.
  2. Go into "C:\Program Files" and delete the folder labelled "Block Checker" (where C:\ is the drive you installed Windows on) if it is still there.
  3. Delete the "exclusion_AOL.ini", "exclusion_MSN.ini" and "exclusion_Yahoo.ini" files located in windows' system folder (C:\Windows\System).
  4. Clean out your recycle bin to totally remove the files from your HDD.

Step 3: Fixing the registry
  1. Open your registry editor (Start > Run > regedit.exe) and navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" and delete the key named "block-checker".
    (For a small tutorial on this, go to this site, because deleting the wrong keys could corrupt Windows).

taken from http://messengervn.blogspot.com/

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 05:27 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-23-2005 05:24 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by s3xy
ok so ma m8 starts ta talk bout i wird thing no reali wantin ta no wen sumthin cums up sayin hey wanna no whoz blockin u nd im like no but oh well ...........................bad me bad me.......it is a big nono its bad it slows ur comp nd evrythin nd can collect personal info. ahhhhhh bad bad.
i tried ta delete but guess wat...................IT DIDNT WORK.........big surprise der. any1 no how 2 get rid of it i will make u ma bestest frind if ya do..................by daq way it cums up on ya screen as if ur m8 has writtin it and if ur m8 actually has den sorri der jst seriously sik..

Translation:
---------------------------------

ok so my mate start to talk about a wierd thing, not realy wanting to know. when something comes up saying "hey want to know who is blocking you" and i'm like no but oh well............i'm bad i'm bad.........it is a big mistake, its bad, it slows down your computer and everything, and can collect personal information. ahhhhh very bad. i tried to delete it, but guess what....IT DIDN"T WORK....big surprise there. does anyone know how to get rid of it. i will make you my best friend if your do.......by the way, it comes up on your screen as if your friend has written is and your friends actually has sent it, sorry there just seriously sick

----------------------

the site it  sends  is a virus i recommend doing a virus scan and also a spyware scan

EDIT: whats the post above says is better advice

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 07:10 PM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6661 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes, 31 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-23-2005 05:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
s3xy

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: freakin block-checkers
ahhhh thanks scott but i have tried all that its a tough one sorry everybody about the text messeging i asked my mate to write it for me is this a bit better can you understand me now :):):) thanks scott you are great XXXX
XxXs3xyXxX
08-23-2005 05:45 PM
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
follow the instructions here:
http://messengervn.blogspot.com/2005/08/but-i-tho...block-checker.html
(basically what saralk posted. but with the link to process explorer)
and if you have any trouble, send me a private message and i'll see what i can do.
I should change my sig ay?
08-23-2005 05:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
s3xy, such style of writing is, as you see, totally not appreciated on forums! Write decent English....

Also, before posting, PLEASE SEARCH the forums first...

Block-Checker
Yet another MSN Messenger based Virus

@saralk, if you quote something, quote it correctly and completely including all links, also read from where to post comes, as the original post might have been updated

@mezzanine: your post is of no use, everybody can see that it needs "translation", also SonicSam has already said the same...

@NiteMare: thanks for the translation, but as far as your advise goes, it is seriously ungrounded. Also saralk has already responded with far more detailed steps to deal with it (except the important links are missing)

@Fergy: Please link to a post on this forum instead; the post you used as source for that message. It is of no use to post a link based on a link based on link based on a link based on a post which was posted on the same forum in the first place (if you know what I mean). This because such posting on these forums can/will be updated from time to time with new info if it needs to be.

-------------------------------

I'm sorry people, but lately the help on these forums is really going down the drain. It is not only newcommers that need to read stuff before they post. Also residents need to keep on doing this intead of getting their postcount up....

-------------------------------

To end, and this means there is no need for more "advise" here is the link again where you will find the complete detailed instructions to remove the block-checker malware:

vv Click that link to read the proper instructions vv

REMOVAL OF BLOCK-CHECKER MALWARE

^^ Click that link to read the proper instructions ^^

sorry for the bluntness, but it seems sometimes it is needed

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 06:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-23-2005 05:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[off topic posts and chitchat posts were stripped out]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyways, back to the topic...

If it isn't working, state exactly what step isn't working and what you exactly did before taking this step. Be as complete and detailed as possible...

PS: since there are far too many off topic posts now, I'm going to ask to split them out so this thread keeps tidy and on-topic. So if you suddenly can't see those chitchat posts anymore, they have been moved to T&T...

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 06:56 PM by CookieRevised.
08-23-2005 06:42 PM
s3xy

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: freakin block-checkers
ok well i tried afew on my computer and on my frinds computer i still havnt finished everybodies instructions by the way thanks for them XxX
XxXs3xyXxX
08-23-2005 06:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by s3xy
ok well i tried afew on my computer and on my frinds computer i still havnt finished everybodies instructions by the way thanks for them XxX
there is only 1 correct and complete instructions set... follow the link given by Fergy or the big bold one in my first post.
08-23-2005 06:47 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: