What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » who thinks msn is a waste of time???

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
do you think instant messeging is pointless?
This poll is closed.
yes i do 4 9.09%
no i dont 40 90.91%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

who thinks msn is a waste of time???
Author: Message:
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: who thinks msn is a waste of time???
quote:
Originally posted by s3xy
if u think this is a waste of time why do you bother you are just wasting my time by writing that ok

its logical, and smart.

but it doesnt work for you.
08-23-2005 07:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
s3xy

dinner is ready when uhear the alarm

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: who thinks msn is a waste of time???
what doyou mean doesnt work for me no offence but i am feeling like you are judging me as a dumb person but you dont realy know me can you please explaine what you mean
XxXs3xyXxX
08-23-2005 07:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: who thinks msn is a waste of time???
quote:
kwl i guess you are right about the think before you type thing and people if u think this is a waste of time why do you bother you are just wasting my time by writing that ok XxX
exactly....

-------------------

The question asked by s3xy is very legit and very interesting. If you can't answer decently (and without flaming), then don't postspam....

Her poll is far more interesting (AND ON TOPIC, because this IS a Messenger related question) than other polls I've seen lately.....

If you think otherwise, leave it... or if you must, report it and let the mods judge about it....

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 07:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-23-2005 07:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
doing nothing == waste of time

talking to friends != waste of time

simple to understand, yes ?

edit:
better william traxor 8-)?

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 07:51 PM by toddy.
08-23-2005 07:43 PM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
Like others said.. Its an easy way to comunicate with others who live in other cities, and country :) and this way is less expensive :P you only need to pay ur internet connection and thats all, Then u can do other stuff, write Mails (Mails are cool too, But MSN Adventage is that its a live communication, you dont need to wait for a Reply ;)

And if u think MSN is a waste of time :P then dont use it at all :S...
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
08-23-2005 07:45 PM
s3xy

dinner is ready when uhear the alarm

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: who thinks msn is a waste of time???
the reason i asked for those who think this is stupid isi share a computer with 8 other people i dont wont to download anything pointless thats i will never use sounds stupid i know but its onliy fair on the 8 other people
XxXs3xyXxX
08-23-2005 07:46 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
simple to understand, yes ?

Not really, considering wate isn't a word and that "talkin to mates !=" makes no real sense anyway...

I don't think instant messaging is pointless at all, without it, would you be here now, or what would you be doing, probably sat doing nothing, or something stupid like watching the television non-stop all day...

The main benefits of MSN is that we're a social species, unlike some other species that don't need to be around others and have friendships... We are a species that get lonely if we don't talk to people etc. so having MSN or any other instant messaging programs, on that matter, is a high point in our natural lifestyle...
08-23-2005 07:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It is a matter of opinion/of what you do with it....

For those who need to talk to people on the other side of the world, IM can be very usefull. It can be even a hobby (as it is for many of the people here). In this way, it is very usefull...

But for someone who isn't that computer-literate or has a very active real life and thus doesn't use IM that much (or not at all), it can be seen as a complete waste of time...

But this goes for all hobbies. For me, collecting post stamp is a complete waste of time; for other people it is a way of life....

At least, IM can be very usefull and cheap (phonecall vs IM to a friend who's on holiday). Collecting post stamps isn't that usefull (AFAIK at least :p)

--------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
without it, would you be here now, or what would you be doing, probably sat doing nothing, or something stupid like watching the television non-stop all day...
Or doing something else usefull/useless...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The main benefits of MSN is that we're a social species, unlike some other species that don't need to be around others and have friendships... We are a species that get lonely if we don't talk to people etc. so having MSN or any other instant messaging programs, on that matter, is a high point in our natural lifestyle...
Other people would prefer to go out to a bar/restaurant/discotheek/etc...

It is all matter of opinion and what you're used to do.

But on this same topic...

Everything which has to do with internet and computers is addictive, the more you use it, the more you wanna use it, .... So in that sense, yes it is true that IM also wastes a lot of your time...

Unless you are extremely well diciplined and can turn of that humming box with screen (I bet everybody here has already come across a situation were he/she was wasting time on the net, IM'ing, while he/she should have been doing something else....).

Once (a good 10 years ago), I was in a documentary with the community from the IRC channel #Vlaanderen and #Belgium. The documentary was exactly about this, IM, IRC and that sort of stuff. The question asked by S3xy was the main subject in that program and many things said here in this thread, have of course also been said in that program. Although, after filming, and after editing, they showed the documentary as if we all were weird, unsocialized people.... It all comes down to perception and understanding (the guys who filmed the subject didn't know anything about computers, let alone how an internet community worked; unfortunatly, it was his perception of us that was showed, instead of an unbiased view of things which they prommised to show)....

So, to recap, in the poll I miss the option "it depends on how you look at it" or something like that...

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 08:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-23-2005 07:52 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
I think i have read somewhere that IMs are more formal than a phone call, but not as formal as an email, which isnt as formal as a snailmail letter
(recap [non formal] phone | IM | email | letter [formal] )
also as has been stated many times, its free, and can help you get in touch with people you normally wouldnt.

and on the note of formal, some people abuse ims making them into another language that is incomprehensable to some. and if i were to stick irc on that scale i'd rate it under phone :P
08-23-2005 07:53 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
what doyou mean doesnt work for me no offence but i am feeling like you are judging me as a dumb person but you dont realy know me can you please explaine what you mean

after being put with your back against the wall by the other members, you replied with a criticizing dig against them by pointing out that they were in fact wasting their time complaining about your post.

But i felt that your reply lacked effect. so i said it didnt work for you.

Sorry if i sounded that i didnt think you were the sharpest knive in the draw. my apologies.
08-23-2005 07:58 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: