What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 80004005

Author: Message:
TRIFORCE89

– / Male / –
O.P. 80004005
I installed 7.5.0299 and it kept crashing. I did a little research here, and learned that it was because of StuffPlug-NG. I have since uninstalled it and MSN Messenger is no longer crashing. Now the problem is that I can't sign in. When I try I get the following message:

"Signing in to MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavaible. Please try again later.

MSN Messenger has made several failed attempts to sign you in. Your firewall may be blocking Messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your firewall settings. See the retailer's instructions for more information."

If I hit the "troubleshoot" button. I get a green check mark next to "IP..." and then a yellow yeild sign next to "Default Gateway". If I hit the repair button, the yeild sign remains.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. I'm pretty sure that my firewall (NIS2K4) is configured properly. I have MSN Messenger set to permit? Is there something else that I'm missing, or something else entirely that I have to do?
08-24-2005 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
RE: 80004005
I had this exact (Edit: Sorry, not exact problem, I just re-read your post and I didn't have the issues with the yellow yield sign, but my error was still 80004005) problem and eventually discovered by checking these forums that it was having custom contact names enabled in the Plus! preferences that did it.

Try disabling custom contact names before you sing in and see if it works. You can re-enable them as soon as you are signed in.

If this doesn't work then I have no idea.

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 07:28 PM by kierant.
08-24-2005 07:26 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Open a run window by clicking start, then run. Type the following commands and press enter:

regsvr32 softpub.dll Wintrust.dll Initpki.dll Rsaenh.dll Mssip32.dll Cryptdlg.dll

regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll
?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-24-2005 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DeathzLord

Microsoft is nazism :-|

37 / Male / –
if the option from Kierant didn't helpout

MANY PROBLEMS

All the v7.5 series have the same problem if u use an Extended Avatar, by StuffPlug! If you signend in with a "too large" Avatar for the Messenger, it crashes!

If this is correct:
• Re-install MSN Messenger to 7.0
• put a normall avatar in your screen
• Re-install the v7.5
and voila! Go chat agaiN!

Plugins BoostLoad
Some of the Messenger Plus! plugins can be to fast with loading while your MSN Messenger is signing in! Or some PlugIns can use the same systemfiles, so there will be some "fight" that the Servive can't handle!

If this is correct:
• Start MSN Messenger without signing in
• Start the Messenger Plus! Main Screen
• Unload every PlugIn
• Let MSN Messenger Signin
• Click PlugIns that u use the most
• The next time u start your Messenger, the problem should be repared by it's self.
Voila, there isn't an error anymore!

MSN Messenger Unpatched
As i heard before, some patches do create mirracles! Some of the Patches that "Clean Out" your messenger, can change your Server-Connection. The new server is most of the time more stable then the standard-servers of the Microsoft Service!

If this is correct:
• Download a Patch (A-Patch, Ghost or MessPatch)
• Install the patch with your choosen optoins
• Run the "Cleaned" Messenger
Voila, your Messenger is working again!

If you tried all 3 solutions and it did't work, please contact me at DiabloPleasure@hotmail.com

Greetings, DeathzLord
[Image: hahaandblabla.jpg]
08-24-2005 07:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TRIFORCE89

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: 80004005
Thank you so much guys. That worked wonderfully. It may be a little inconvient to enable custom names everytime, but I'm fine with it. Thanks!
08-24-2005 07:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: