What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Display picture and Msn Space Notification won't change after relogin

Display picture and Msn Space Notification won't change after relogin
Author: Message:
JayZed

O.P. Display picture and Msn Space Notification won't change after relogin
These are the relevant softwares i use

MSN v7.0.0816
Msg Plus v3.54.132
StuffPlug v2.2.229

The problem: The changes i make to my display picture or clicking on other contact's star, takes effect ONLY in the current session of MSN. After i login again, the Display Pic/Stars will be back to the previous state.

Please help, i have this problem for almost a month now.
08-25-2005 07:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Display picture and Msn Space Notification won't change after relogin
Well for the stars it's normal it should be gone coz once you click on it , it disapear.

But for your DP umm!! do u mean you select the photo but it doesn't change , i mean you also can't see the new one, or it's just for your contacts?
08-25-2005 07:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
JayZed

O.P. RE: Display picture and Msn Space Notification won't change after relogin
i think there's a bit of misunderstanding here.

i know the star will be gone if i click on them. BUT after it disappears, it comes back after i login again (and i'm 100% sure my friend's msn space did not change).

For the DP, i mean my DP, and by doesn't change, i mean when u relogin again it switches back to the old DP as if i never changed it.

So what i mean is... u can change everything at first. But once u log out, then log in again, everything is back to the state before the change.

Thanks for replying.

This post was edited on 08-25-2005 at 10:53 AM by JayZed.
08-25-2005 10:49 AM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
i think the star come back if they have a msn space... when they space is changed the star flashes...

as for the dp's i've noticed that too... doesn't happen all the time with me though. bug perhaps?
08-25-2005 11:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

can you please check if the dp remains the same when closing and re-opening msn messenger? if no, read below :p

the problem is linked to the settings stored in the msn messenger application data directory. i'm not sure what would be the problem... it might be because map.dat is read-only, or you have a damaged part on your hard drive.

what you could try is resetting your dp's and custom emoticons by clearing your folder in your appdata directory. to do so, exit msn messenger first and then go to start -> run -> type "%appdata%\Microsoft\MSN Messenger" with or without the quotes, doesn't matter, use this tool to calculate your passport hash, and delete the folder which has the same number as your passport hash.

everything will be reset, but it might help to make it work (you can always make a back-up of the folder anyway)

This post was edited on 08-25-2005 at 11:12 AM by Millenium_edition.
08-25-2005 11:10 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: