What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs

Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs
Author: Message:
mummycool1

55 / Female / –
O.P. Huh?  Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs
Hi guys. As others here seem to be having troubles with the new mess and plus I thought I'd add my experiences.
Yesterday I installed mess 7.5 already having mess plus on here. All seemed fine till my daughter tried to sign in. We kept getting the mess service is unable to sign you in message etc. Ran the troubleshooter, everything comes up fine. I took 7.5 off and put 7 back on and she signs in first time no probs.
This morning I decide to try again. Same problems. Fine on mine not on hers. So I unistalled mess plus. She signs in fine. I reboot and then put plus back on. She then cant sign in. I have 4 passport accounts on messenger and hers is the only one that wont sign in when plus is added. I even tried removing her account from messenger and in passport accounts in user accounts (xp), and then re-adding her account to messenger 7.5 with plus removed from the pc. Then I installed plus again, with out the sponser each time. Now what happens everytime I try to log her in and only on her account, is that the messenger is shortening her e-mail addy to her nick name?!!! And hence will not sign her in.
I have no other ideas how to fix this and wonder if anyone here knows why this is happening? The only other solution I can see is to get her another account which I'd rather not do if possible due to the hassle with e-mails etc this would involve and her having to re-add all her contacts.
Any one??? At present I've put v. 7 back on as I'd much rather have plus on here as its so useful.
Thanks Mc xxx
08-26-2005 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs
Read here if u got problem of 80048820

You can try that and see if it works :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-26-2005 11:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mummycool1

55 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs
Thanks Rebel I tried that already from microsoft newgroups advice and no luck. But thanks for posting.
08-26-2005 11:32 AM
sn1p3r

previously known as Abz2k4

35 / Male / –
It does seem like a rather strange problem. I can't really understand how MSNM 7.5 or Messenger plus could be causing sign in problems. The other day after reinstalling MSNM 7.5 i started receiving the error message that MSN was unable to sign me in and to try again later but after a few tries i was able to get in so are you sure the server just wasn't down?

You could try completely removing MSN and Messenger Plus then reinstalling them again to see if that has any effect. If nothing you try seems to fix the problem and you are forced to make your daughter a knew account  there is a way she can still keep all her contacts. Sign into her msn and open her contact list, then in the bar at the top click 'contacts' then click save contact list, then when you've made the new account just go to contacts/import contacts from a file and select the saved contact list file.

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 01:01 PM by sn1p3r.
[Image: sig20pw.jpg][Image: sn1p3r.png]
08-26-2005 12:36 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
The latest version of MSN and the public Plus! are not fully compatable as of yet, Patchou currently has the testers working on the new version that will be compatable with MSN Messenger 7.5
08-26-2005 12:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mummycool1

55 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn 7.5 and mess plus 3.54.132 probs
Thanks guys. Handy tip there about the contacts list, I'll remember that one.
I think I'll just hold out till the plus is updated. I'm not known for my patience but plus is well worth waiting for!!!
Thanks again you guys. Mc xxx
08-26-2005 12:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: