What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » The Acer Story, like expected...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
The Acer Story, like expected...
Author: Message:
kipper2258

RE: The Acer Story, like expected...
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
What? It's true, I've used loads of different Compaq computers, and they're really reliable, unlike some other makes like Packard Bell, IMO HP & Compaq are one of the best computer makes...

Too bad about the Acer, I've used an Acer computer before I think, it all seemed fine... I won't be buying one anytime soon...

Eew, I have a HP, its **** :P
Constantly rattles, hd sounds rubbish, power button wont work (well it will but all the plastics broken, so nned to take manual approach). For that matter I would take it bk to shop, but they say its to go bk to HP and will take about 6ish weeks, and I don't trust them.
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-28-2005 01:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: The Acer Story, like expected...
I have an old compaq too, had some problems with it, but got it fixed real fast!

Now I have a Fujitsu Siemens, works very well too (Y)
[Image: 1-0.png]

08-28-2005 04:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: The Acer Story, like expected...
quote:
Originally posted by buqingzi
...It seems from what you said that the laptop works without crashing with unpatched Windows, but doesn't when it's patched. That is probably an indication of a software incompatibility between the new wireless lan driver and a recent windows patch.
Of course from your account the build quality of the laptop is appalling. That fact itself surely should entitle you to a replacement ?

Well, yes, but Acer must not expect us to run their system only on old drivers in order to let it work, you know, it's supposed to run on the new ones too, even better. That's what new drivers are for right. And it obviously doesn't work with it so that's their bad not mine. If I updated my friends (same wifi card) driver on his packard bell it runs fine.
And indeed, apart from that I have had enough problems with it.
I'm still going to sell it; i'm sick of being busy with it. Acer is a pain in the ass and I give up. I'm going to replace it with an hp dv4000, my uncle has one, it's a bit more simple on the outside,  but the bright blinking screen is awesome (sometimes the reflection is annoying, but it's a habit), the whole construction is so robust, it goes pretty fast, and at least it works.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
08-29-2005 10:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: