What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...

suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...
Author: Message:
zaidgs

– / Male / –
O.P. suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...
we have this tip in the contact info wether a contact has plus or not....
another thing we might wanna check is the major version of msn messenger,,, like: pre-6.0 ,,, 6.0 - 6.2 ,,, 7.0 ,,, 7.5 ,,, because there are feature differences between those versions,, and it is usefull to keep record of when a wink \ voice clip \ custom emoticon fails to be delivered

just a thought,, because it serves the same purpose as for checkin for plus (ie. which features u can expect the other person to have)

one other suggestion, that came on my mind as i read one thread here recently, is to mention which features of plus need that other person needs to have plus to be able to see.... im a long time user of plus,, but sometimes i cant be sure without having to test with a friend
u can put a star (*) next to those features,,, and have a note down that it indicates features that the other person needs to have plus for!

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 11:56 PM by zaidgs.
08-26-2005 11:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...
quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
we have this tip in the contact info wether a contact has plus or not....
another thing we might wanna check is the major version of msn messenger,,, like: pre-6.0 ,,, 6.0 - 6.2 ,,, 7.0 ,,, 7.5 ,,, because there are feature differences between those versions,, and it is usefull to keep record of when a wink \ voice clip \ custom emoticon fails to be delivered

just a thought,, because it serves the same purpose as for checkin for plus (ie. which features u can expect the other person to have)

one other suggestion, that came on my mind as i read one thread here recently, is to mention which features of plus need that other person needs to have plus to be able to see.... im a long time user of plus,, but sometimes i cant be sure without having to test with a friend
u can put a star (*) next to those features,,, and have a note down that it indicates features that the other person needs to have plus for!

You can't use 6.x anymore afaik. But I like the idea. (y)
[Image: 7.png]
08-27-2005 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I'm not sure, but as far as I know, this cannot be done because of privacy.

I guess it could show a menu when setting up msghelp asking if the person wants to share this information though, that could be possible.
08-27-2005 01:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...
just lik we know that a person doesnot hav plus, by failing to respond to a ping request, we can guess sm1 doesnt hav msn7.0 if he didnt get a wink, we can use this idea....

the aproach that plus would send such info is possible but sure this would be an extra option.

08-27-2005 02:23 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
just lik we know that a person doesnot hav plus, by failing to respond to a ping request, we can guess sm1 doesnt hav msn7.0 if he didnt get a wink, we can use this idea....

the aproach that plus would send such info is possible but sure this would be an extra option.

In MsgPlus! You can choose to respond to Ping or not.
08-27-2005 02:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaidgs

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: suggestion:MSN Messenger version in contact info...
so wht?! microsoft doesnt give its users the option of not making other ppl aware that they have an older version!!! who is to blame here?!

i can already guess wht version a person has,, by doin sm few tests, of sending a nudge and a voice clip ... etc,, i just want plus to remember my test result

This post was edited on 08-27-2005 at 02:33 AM by zaidgs.
08-27-2005 02:30 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
To be honest with you, I think this is technically completly useless. If your friend has Plus! have them send (!VER) and in the Contact Information window save that as a note so you know. Plus! doesn't send information from one computer to another over the internet as it would be a breach of privacy. A plugin could be made but both parties must have the plugin which would make it pretty usless to be honest. MSN Messenger is starting to go on the route of telling you that your contact you are talking with doesn't have a version to support what your trying to do, example the voice clips. You hold F2 and if the contact isn't using MSN Messenger 7.5 then you will get a message saying your contact's MSN Messenger version doesn't support this feature. I don't think Plus! as an addon should be responsible to tell you what you can use with which contacts. That defeats the purpose of the addon.
08-27-2005 02:38 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
To be honest with you, I think this is technically completly useless. If your friend has Plus! have them send (!VER) and in the Contact Information window save that as a note so you know. Plus! doesn't send information from one computer to another over the internet as it would be a breach of privacy. A plugin could be made but both parties must have the plugin which would make it pretty usless to be honest. MSN Messenger is starting to go on the route of telling you that your contact you are talking with doesn't have a version to support what your trying to do, example the voice clips. You hold F2 and if the contact isn't using MSN Messenger 7.5 then you will get a message saying your contact's MSN Messenger version doesn't support this feature. I don't think Plus! as an addon should be responsible to tell you what you can use with which contacts. That defeats the purpose of the addon.

Like I said, you can't use MSN 6.x, so it doesn't matter.
[Image: 7.png]
08-27-2005 03:25 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
the majority of people will probably get forced updates of MSN anyways so its more than likely they will be using the same version as you.
08-27-2005 03:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: