What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN 7.5 and MsgPlus! compatability

MSN 7.5 and MsgPlus! compatability
Author: Message:
taz030485

39 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  MSN 7.5 and MsgPlus! compatability
I have downloaded MSN 7.5.0299 and not installed it yet as I know there are some compatability issues. Would someone please be kind enough to list of all the features/options that don't work and any glitches that arise from having MSN 7.5.0299 running with MsgPlus! 3.54.132 for both programs.

Also is there a set date for the next version of MsgPlus! or is it still foggy?
[Image: taz030485.png]
08-28-2005 11:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN 7.5 and MsgPlus! compatability
quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
I have downloaded MSN 7.5.0299 and not installed it yet as I know there are some compatability issues. Would someone please be kind enough to list of all the features/options that don't work and any glitches that arise from having MSN 7.5.0299 running with MsgPlus! 3.54.132 for both programs.

AFAIK and been using there are no problems. Stuffplug-NG altho does that some.
September. Look for 3.60 in September.
08-28-2005 11:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
taz030485

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MSN 7.5 and MsgPlus! compatability
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:

AFAIK and been using there are no problems. Stuffplug-NG altho does that some.
September. Look for 3.60 in September.

I'm sure I seen somewhere that contact name changes weren't shown in the event log or something (maybe it was an old thread that came up when I searched for a problem that I had*-))
I know about the stuffplug problems, I'm just waiting for TB to release the public beta.
September thats *-) *counts on fingers* 3days away and ends *counts again, this time using fingers and toes, twice:$) 33 days, thats quite a time frame:P
08-29-2005 12:13 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
If you are afraid of incompatibility issues I suggest sticking with your current version of MSN Messenger. The only thing that is new are the voice clips so your not really missing much.

And yes Plus! doesn't properly detect name changes. But has been fixed in the beta that we are testing.
08-29-2005 01:17 AM
taz030485

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
If you are afraid of incompatibility issues I suggest sticking with your current version of MSN Messenger. The only thing that is new are the voice clips so your not really missing much.

And yes Plus! doesn't properly detect name changes. But has been fixed in the beta that we are testing.

I'm not afraid, I was wanted to know what what problems there might be between then two.
I just like to keep up-to-date, but I can survive till 3.6:)
08-29-2005 01:22 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
I'm not afraid, I was wanted to know what what problems there might be between then two.
I didn't mean it literally. I ment if you dont want the incompatibility then stick with a previous version of MSN Messenger.
08-29-2005 01:39 AM
taz030485

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
I didn't mean it literally. I ment if you dont want the incompatibility then stick with a previous version of MSN Messenger.

I realised thats what you ment, sorry if it came across differently.
08-29-2005 06:10 AM
laserboy_toronto

Hi!

My problem with MSN v7.5.299 & Messenger Plus! is that when both are installed, it won't allow me to log on.  Forgive me, I don't remember the error message but I got it over & over for almost two days.

I disabled the few plug-ins that I had, then I uninstalled them...  still no luck.  So then I uninstalled Messenger Plus, and presto - no problem with MSN v7.5.  I went around in circles a few more times and resigned myself to uninstalling MSN v7.5 & reinstalling MSN v7.0.0816 & Messenger Plus.  They play fine together on my machine.

I now await the new release of Messenger Plus v3.6 which hopefully addresses this issue.

By the way, I tested disabling all startup programs, rebooted and still no luck (with MSN 7.5 & Messenger Plus) so I elminiated background programs possibily interferring.

That's my experience.

Cheers!
09-01-2005 03:31 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: